The Girl Who Changed

"What do you think I should wear to school today?"

     "I don't know and I don't care."

      "Please Kira! At lease help me. This could be the only time seeing me all dressed up to school." How ironic, here I am shaming the girl who dress to impress, yet I am desperately trying to receive approval from someone. Oh, how the tables have turned.

     "True! Okay, fine. But why are you doing this?" I stand there motionless, holding up a skirt, and staring straight into her eyes.

     "Oh... my... goodness! You're trying to impress Stiles aren't you?!" Kira's face light up with happiness that I am so so familiar with.

     "Maybe. Maybe not. Now, can you help me?" I respond, trying to keep my facade intact.

     "Of course!" Kira cheers, hopping off my fresh made bed.

~~~~~

     I come walking in the cafeteria like a badass, but looking like a chic girly girl. I am wearing the clothes Kira chose out for me, although it is out of my comfort zone. With my red, glossy lips to my 2inches high heels, I walk in the cafeteria with confidence. My hair blowing away from my right shoulder and flows through the breeze I create while I walk towards the usual table. I notice every stare from the crowds and faces I normally don't notice, and all are awe from my transformation, especially Stiles.

     "Hey you guys!" I say giving them a seductive smirk.

     "Lydia! I've never seen your teeth before! Damn! I never knew it could be so white!" Scott remarks while squishing my face, examining my teeth closely.

     He finally releases my face and turn to Kira. "Hey, Honey Bunch!"

     My eyebrows arches, with eyes wide open as I turn to Stiles and mouth 'honey bunch?'

     Stiles gives me the exact same expression I make, lifting his shoulders up while his head shakes vigorously to the side.

     "Hey Sugarplum." And in this moment, Stiles and I exchanges eye contact while trying to contain the vomit.

     "Okay, you guys NEED new nicknames, because clearly, this" I say to them in a serious tone, with my hands moving in a circular motion around them, "this isn't working. It really isn't working."

     We move to the table and finally place our food down.

     "So, where's the other one. You know Ma—" Kira questions, before turning to the side and noticing a person covered with many pieces of clothing as possible, slamming down her hands on the table.

     "Oh, hey! There's the smurf we're looking for! So, you look like you've slept well. You know, there's something different about you. Did you cut your hair?" I say with a devious smirk and a hair flip.

     "You did this! I've tried scrubbing it off, I've tried tomato juice, and everything else! Now," she inhales a long, deep breath, "Tell me how to take this off?"

     "Why would you think I did this?" I respond, acting as innocent as possible, with a shy smile.

     "Oh, I don't know. Maybe because of this card!" She says, lifting the folded card up.

      "I actually thought you wouldn't come to school today. Guess I was wrong."

     "Tell me how to get this off!" Her irritation is coming out very quickly, which is what I want.

     "Fine. You have to use either mayonnaise or butter to take it off."

     "Are you serious?" She furrows her eyebrows in disbelief.

     "Yup. You got to put it all around your body, or where the blue paint is. Isn't that right Stiles?" I say looking over at Stiles, which is too focus on consuming his curly fries. He glances back up with a confusion left on his face, then gives a nod and wink to Malia.

     "Oh yeah, and while you're doing that. You should also try using 'Nads'."

     "Why do I need Nads? I don't need to wax my legs."

      "Oh, honey no. It's not for your legs. It's to rip out your ugly personality." I give a smirk and a wink. "Now, I think you should go. Your... blue... is showing up. People are gonna mistake you for Mystique."

     She releases a huff and and leaves dramatically. I look back at Kira, Scott, and Stiles, who all looks at me will an awe expression.

     "What?" I can't help but ask.

     "I just... we just... damn girl! You have a lot of sass in you." Scott finally responds, whispering as if it is a huge secret.

     "And I didn't know you watch X-Men." Stiles adds.

     "I don't. I just think Jennifer Lawrence is an awesome person, and that how I know about Mystique." They are still staring at me, so to break the ice, I say, "Well, I'm gonna go have lunch with some teachers. At least they'll talk more than you guys."

     "Okay, yeah! Yup, sorry. We were just... wow. And by the way, I like what your wearing." Stiles said shyly.

     "Oh, thanks! Kira picked it out for me. I actually—"

     The bell rings, indicating that lunch is over. We get our backpacks and head to our Period 5 class.

     From afar, I overhear Scott whispering to Stiles, "She's changed."

     "In a good way." Stiles add.