The Guy in Maroon

Chapter 3 | The Guy in Maroon
•.•.•

I come barging in the restroom which to my surprise, is empty. I can't hold back my tears anymore. No matter how hard I tried. I just cry my little eyes out in a chemical smelling restroom.

How dare she say that my friends left me? How dare she tell me that like she knows my future? She doesn't know anything! She doesn't know what happened to me! What keep me up all and every night! Why I had to go to a therapist, and why I had to pretend like it was nothing! How dare she?

Finally, I conclude that she doesn't deserve my tears. I take some of my antidepressants to temporary end the pain and wash my face. To cover my red and puffy eyes, I grab my shades from my bag and wore it for the rest of the day. I exhale one long breath, and I go out the door.

I prepare myself as I go to my last class: AB Calculus. I am only 3 minutes late, yet everyone managed to get to there class unharmed. As I enter the classroom, all the sits are taken except 3 sits. One in the front and center of the class. The second sit is located at the far, back-corner of the class. Which wouldn't be a good idea if you want to understand the subject. But if you wanna sleep, that would be the best sit in the house. And finally, the third sit is located next to Stiles, in the middle row of the class. What are the odds of that? But wait, there's more, I don't choose the sit, my teacher does.

"Hello. And what is your name?"

"Lydia Martin." I exhale.

"Well, Ms. Martin. Being late on the first day of school isn't a good impression on me. Hopefully, this won't happen again. Right?"

"Yes ma'am. Sorry."

"Don't say sorry. Just don't do it again." I nod, "So, Ms. Martin. You may sit next to Mr. Stilinski. He is the guy with the maroon flannel."

I hold back my sigh and slowly approach to the empty desk.

"Well, Miss Martin. Are you following me? Why are you so obsessed with me?" I simply roll my eyes and ignore him. "Nice to see you again." He continues.

"Shut up."

"Someone's in a good mood." He whispers.

I glare at him, with my eyes widen, "Do you really think that I would be in a good mood. I don't think you know, but your girlfriend is a bitch."

"She's not my girlfriend. Look, we'll just talk later. Unless you want to stay here longer."

I stop talking and look back at the board. The chalkboard is filled half way with white chalk and random scratches. I fill in my line paper with everything the teacher wrote on the board, trying to focus, but I just have an odd feeling that Stiles is staring at me. I look to the side only to find that my theory was right. I look to the other side to see if he is looking at something else interesting, but nope. He's definitely staring at me.

"What?" I whisper.

"Well. Umm. Nothing." I hate it when people do that. They start to say something, but then quickly decides not to say it, so they say nothing. Or nevermind. It gets on my nerves.

After a while, the bell finally rings and I finally smile at the thought that I can't finally go home and sleep. I feel a tug on my hoodie, so I turn around to see Stiles with a serious face.

"We need to talk."