The Guy named Aaron

We gazed into each other's eyes, until a ring from my phone brings me back into realization. I turn around, noticing everyone smiling, with a few young teenage girls recording the moment from their phones. I honestly don't know why people act so strangely when they see what seems like 'love' in their eyes. I grab my phone from my back pocket to see Kira's name pop out with an embarrassing picture of her.

"I gotta take this." I inform Stiles as I gently pull away.

I walk outside to the surprisingly cool weather of California in the late month of May. The wind places shivers along my entire body, and although the sun is slightly covered, I endure as much sunlight I could get.

"Hello?" I place the phone against my ear as I hear Kira squeal.

"Oh thank god!" Kira screams, releasing a breath of relief.

"Yup, I'm still alive." I tell her to lighten the mood from her ever so abiding fearfulness.

     "Where are you? I've been texting you for the entire day. I noticed that you weren't at your first or second period, and I started to panic. Where are you?" Her voice is fast and high pitched.

     "I'm fine. I'm with Stiles at Starbucks. We are actually—" I turn back and Stiles comes up for behind. "Umm, here's Stiles." I give the phone to Stiles, who presents me a wondering look.

     "Hello?" Stiles reluctantly responds, "Oh hey Kira!" Stiles's face lightens as relief is quickly replaced once he hears a familiar voice. "Yeah. We decided to take a breather. School's overrated," then there was a pause, "It's fine. Sorry if we scared you. I just—"

     All of a sudden, I hear a loud voice from the other line, "Hey Scott! I missed you buddy!"

     "I know, and hey, don't worry. I got this, I'm a big boy... man actually." I roll my eyes, giving a small chuckle. "Yeah. Don't have to much fun without me, lover boy."

     He gives my phone back, shares a smile on his face, mouths 'thank you', and heads back in Starbucks to order our drinks. I go back to the conversation to listen to Kira's voice.

     "Lydia?"

     "Yeah? I'm here. Seriously, you don't have to worry."

     "I know. But I saw the posters and I just panicked. I ripped up all the posters and let it soak in water, then I ripped up the soft wet paper until I found no more evidence of... it. And I found it who did it."

     "Who?" Do I really want to hear this?

     "Malia. She somehow knew that you and Jackson had a thing-"

     "We were never a thing." I remark in a harsh tone, grinding my teeth.

     "Well, she knew that you and him were more than friends in the past. She managed to let Jackson help her out to destroy you."

     "How do you know this?"

     "Scott and I went after her and told her to tell us everything or we would tell everyone about her 'skin condition'"

     "Thanks Kira. Really, thank you. Sorry if I had you worried sick. Umm, has my mom been worried."

     "Oh yeah! She was so close into fainting and calling the police to look for you. But I got an early slip, and went to her house before she did anything. The school must have called when you weren't at school. I think you should call her."

     "I will. I just need—" My phone dies.

     In frustration, I shove my phone into my right back pocket before I throw it down the cement. I give an exasperated sigh and turn to my right. I notice an employee with a broom on his hand, demanding a homeless guy to move away from the cafe. The employee had no respect for the homeless guy, and I am filled with even more anger.