Chapter 35: Surprise (part 2)

Nina's POV:

It was a huge surprise! I haven't expected to see such a huge surprise.

Everyone was present!

Mum and dad.

My cousins and their parents.

My best friends.

My very own dad.

And not to forget my loving husband, Darren.

It's so great to witness such a huge surprise! I'm so glad.

I took small steps into the hall. At that moment, Darren walked up to me and took my hand.

We both held each other's hand tightly and walked into the hall. He was smiling at me and I did the same as well.

Everyone was singing a happy anniversary song. It was actually quite strange to hear that but it sounded quite alright. I mean, we usually hear a happy birthday song than a happy anniversary song right.

There was a set of events occurring like my cousins dancing on GDFR and my aunts singing On My Mind.

It was quite funny because they were nowhere close to how the experts did it. Darren and I were sitting next to each the entire time.

Darren was so happy and I was also. Unfortunately I don't have a gift to present to him. It will be totally embarrassing if he presents me with a gift and I don't.

After a set of funny performances, Aaron performed a song for his girlfriend and for Darren and I.

He had no choice but to sing Life of The Party since it was Kathleen's favourite song. It was quite emotional when he sang. I felt like dancing with Darren.

"What are you thinking?", Darren distracted me from my thoughts.

"I was thinking wouldn't it look nice if we do a short slow dance?", I answered him.

"Good idea! Let's do it!", he took my hand and brought me up to the centre of the hall and we both began to dance.

"You're dresses a little casual.", Darren told me.

"I know. You're looking great at least.", I smiled at him.

"Do you love the surprise?", he asked me.

"Obviously!", I replied him.

"Then you'll enjoy the other surprise.", a smirk appeared onto his face.

That smirk always meant something.

What would it be?

"You two lovebirds! Stop dancing. I'm done singing.", Aaron exclaimed through the mike.

I didn't even realise when the music ended. You see what happens when you're so deeply in love. You tend to forget that you're actually living in a world where everything happens so quickly.

After Aaron, Kathleen sang another romantic song. However, her voice wasn't as great as Aaron's. But I can't deny the fact that she sounded like Adele.

As soon as she was done, Darren stood up walked up to the stage. I was surprise by his actions.

What was he doing?

"Hi everyone! Thanks for celebrating this special and auspicious event with us. Since its Nina's and my first anniversary, I would like to do something special as well. I've learnt to sing one of Nina's favourite songs and I would like to sing in front of everyone. It's a song where it explains our one year love story.", Darren was speaking confidently.