Chapter 27: Paris

Nina's POV:

"Nina, have you packed some nice dresses?", Darren asked me.

"Don't worry, I'm not going to look like a clown. Have you packed your bag already?", I asked him.

"I'm ready! We need to sleep early since we have an early flight tomorrow morning.", he smiled at me.

It was finally December and we were going to Mum's fashion show in Paris. We needed to be there a week before since we were in charge of the entire show. The rest were planning to join us afterwards.

Kathleen and Aaron were also going with us since they wanted to spend time with their own best friend.

*******************************************

"Oh kids! Take care of yourself. We would be there one day before the show. Don't worry about us.", Sarah gave Darren a hug and kissed
my forehead.

"Sarah, could I ask you something?", I asked her.

"Sure go ahead sweetheart.", she stroked my cheeks.

"It's already been 6 months and I feel weird calling you by your name. Is it possible if I call you mum?", I asked her politely, hoping she would say yes.

Ever since I've lose my mum, Sarah was there to take care of me through my problems and pain. She like a mother to me.

"Of course my dear. I was waiting for you to ask me that. I'm so glad that now I've a daughter as well.", she quickly gave me a tight hug.

My eyes traveled up to Darren's and he gave me a light smile before putting a thumbs up.

Ever since the incident at Aaron's grandma's house, Darren had been very nice to me.

I'm not even sure why.  Did he heard my confession? I think so.

"Okay mum! We need to leave. We're not taking the private jet so we need to reach the airport early.", Darren got me out of my thoughts.

"Take care! We will see you soon.", she waved to us as the two of us got into the car. The driver soon drive off.

Aaron and Kathleen were going to meet us at the airport in Paris. Aaron was travelling and wanted to meet us at Paris while Kathleen took the last night's flight with her parents to finalise a deal.

"Whatever you did today I great Nina. You made mum very happy.", Darren took my hand and tangled mine into his.

"What are you doing?", although I was feeling comfortable with the move I just wanted to ask him curiously.

"Do I need to ask permission to hold my wife's hand?", he questioned me.

"Erm no but you never held my hand before. That's why I'm curious.", he gave a light laugh and placed his head on my shoulder.

"It feels so right to do this during winter. I just like cuddling up with you because it feels so right.", he mumbled into my ears and gave a light kiss on it.

Sparks again! I need to get over this! Whenever he does that I feel that he's developing feelings for me.

We soon arrived to the airport. We checked our luggage in and went into the he departure hall where our plane was waiting.

********************************************
Darren's POV:

I don't believe but I'm saying this, I'm starting to like Nina. I can't developing feelings for her overnight but she has started making me like her.

She's understanding, cute, lovable and beautiful. Ever since her confession, I felt different for her.

The plane was going to land. Nina was sound asleep. Her head was on my shoulder and our hands were holding each other. She looks mesmerising when she's sleeping.

"Nina? The plane's gonna land. Wake up.", I whispered into her ears and gave light kiss on the top of her head.

She moved a bit and got up. They then began to stretch her hands and was giving a loud yawn when I immediately covered her mouth.

That was embarrassing!

"What are you doing?", I asked her.

"Yawning! I'm tired.", she let out another loud yawn and attracted many passengers attention.

"The plane is going to land so buckle up.", I helped her buckle up.

"I'm scared!", she closed her eyes like a toddler and held my hand tightly.

"What are you scared of Nina?", I asked her.

"I'm scared of planes landing. Nowadays planes are crashing while landing so I'm so scared that we might experience it!", she explained to me.

Who's afraid of planes landing? I'm not trying to criticise her but it's just quite abnormal. Kids are so excited when it comes to plane landing.

"Relax Nina! It's not that bad. I'm here! There isn't a possibility that we would face a crash.", I calmed her down.

"Why? Are you a pilot?", she mocked me.

"You see you didn't even realised that we have already landed.", I told her.

"Wow! I didn't experienced any problem for the first time!", she was so happy.

I'm glad to see her happy. When she's happy, I'm happy.

*******************************************

Nina's POV:

"Wow Paris is beautiful!", I exclaimed.

"You haven't been to Paris before?", Darren asked me.

"Not really. I think I've been like everywhere except Paris", I told him.

"I've heard that Paris is a place where you could find true love or even confess it to your true love.", Kathleen added.

Kathleen and Aaron came to pick us up. They were like best friends now. Sometimes I feel like there are in love with each other.

"I feel like there's going to be many of us confessing.", I saw Aaron winked at Kathleen as soon as he said it.

I looked at Kathleen. She was blushing!

"Why are you doing Nina?", Darren asked me, diverting my mind.

"I think there's already a couple in here confessing.", I let out a laugh and Darren immediately understood.

"Wait! You know!", Kathleen asked me.

"Know what? You and Aaron?", I couldn't control my laughter.

"How did you know detective Nina?", Aaron asked me.

"You winked at her and she blushed.", I answered him.

"You have good observant eyes.", Darren told me.

"Too bad she didn't notice something.", Aaron answers Darren.

What was he referring too? What couldn't I see that the rest could see.

I think it's left on me to find out.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••