Chapter 15: Bye Phone!

Nina's POV:

Days past. My fever was subsidizing. Darren went to school everyday while I didn't. It has been 5 days ever since I've been to school. Darren seemed to be different.

He made sure when I woke up in the morning, I had my breakfast and had taken my medicine. Whenever I would forget, he would make sure I ate them. He went to school and recorded whatever he learnt in class and would collect all the work for me as well. He would message me during breaks and asked me whether was I feeling fine or not. As usual, I would tell him not to worry for me.

Darren never went out during the days I was at home. He would lie to Lara and tell her that he had some important work to do. She didn't even realize that I was missing in action.

Once he would come home, he would play the recording and would teach me whatever I didn't know. We even broke some rules like Darren's rule number 2; not to spend time together.

We were spending lots of time together. After finishing my work, he would bring me for short walks in the garden. Sometimes, we would play a board game in the room or watch the television. Obviously I was not allowed to change the channel. I would just watch with him. We had all the meals in the room together.

I even got to know Darren better. His likes and dislikes. He was a different person in total. My parents came to know about my fever and had even visited me once. I didn't tell them how did I arrive to such a situation as I didn't wanted Darren to face anymore scolding after all his help. I wanted to payback to him for whatever he did.

Darren told me that Alex was still hospitalized. He had broke his jaw and and a blue black eye. I wasn't feeling sorry for him. He deserved it! I would just ignore whenever Darren would tell me all this. I didn't wanted to affected by it. I also didn't want Darren to think I was being affected by this.

Kathleen came to visit me 3 times just to make sure Darren was taking care of me properly. When she the room I was staying in, she nearly fainted. She told me I was such a lucky girl and I should be thanking my parents for getting me marry to Darren. She would bring chocolates for me to eat but Darren would usually stop me. He said I was too fat already and if I would continue to eat more of such junk food I would just get even fatter!

My mother's condition was worsening day by day. She was hospitalized and would be discharge every time she was feeling better.   The doctors told us that she wouldn't survive as the virus was spreading badly. I prayed to God daily that he would heal mum. I couldn't bear to see her in such conditions.

*****************************************
A week leaving with Darren passed. It was Monday again and I was finally able to go to school. School was normal. Alex wasn't around yet. Most likely he couldn't speak so he wouldn't be coming. And if anyone would see his condition, they would just die.

After school I headed back home. This time, Darren took the initiative to drive me home. He told me that he didn't feel like going out with Lara. That was strange. I was expecting to hear Darren dying to go out with Lara. Poor Lara!

As soon as we went home, I began to do my homework while Darren was "busy" playing his games.

"I'm going to the hall to do my homework!", I exclaimed as I walked out of the room. Darren didn't reply back. Maybe he was too busy.

After 2 hours, I had finally finish my homework. Now I just needed to relax. I headed back to the room and kept all my books aside. I sat on the bed and began to look for my phone.

Where was it?

I waked back down to the living room to find for my phone. It was not there. It was not on the coffee table as well. I headed back to the room and checked on the desk and under the pillow twice. It was not there as well. I went out of the room again and asked one of the servants. They told me that they didn't see it.