Chapter 34: Surprise (Part 1)

Nina's POV:

It's been 6 months since Darren proposed to me and I proposed to him. Lara and Alex were in jail in London for murdering Eleanor. When Lara's parents found out, they got a shock of their lives. They couldn't believe their daughter would kill her own sister. It's seemed impossible. But, all of us know that in life if one wants to obtain something, he or she will remove all the obstacles in the way.

Alex's parents couldn't believe their ears when the police told them. They knew Alex was hiding something from them when he rejected my proposal but they didn't know that he was a killer and was dating Lara Miller.

I felt sad for the two of them. They don't know how their parents are living in this time frame. They must be going through lots of difficulties. It hurts to see them in such a state.

Forgetting about that! Darren! He had changed a lot. That night when he proposed to me, I felt as if I was the happiest girl in the world. I just couldn't believed all these happened.

Darren even brought me to dates every week. We would go out for a romantic dinner, a long drive, ice-skating, movies and to the arcade, once.

We had lots of fun together. He would also follow me to work after school and would play around. He would do all the homework and even let me copy. I love Darren a lot for how he actually is.

Sometimes he would get angry with me and I would spend time trying to pacify him. He really is like a baby. We would still fight like dogs and cats because we feel that's how we fell in love with each other.

It was an abnormal week for me because it was the school summer break. It was the last week of it and I wanted to spend the entire week with Darren but he didn't wanted to because he was never home!

Mom and dad as well as my dad weren't home all the time as well. Kathleen and Aaron were also busy to spend time with me. When I would ask them what they were up to, they would ignore me.

Today was a boring Monday and I woke up early because it was a special day for me and Darren.

It was our first anniversary. Yippee!

Our one year passed by with lots of hatred, fights and of course, love! This first anniversary was very special to me because I spent my entire year with the guy I loved.

I took a quick shower and changed to a nice blouse and a pair of jeans. I walked towards the bed and wanted to surprise Darren but instead he surprised me.

He was no where to be found! I walked down to the dining hall and saw a small note by mum.

| To Nina,
Dear, we are off for an important meeting. We actually wanted to bring you along but we didn't because Darren felt that you should have some beauty sleep.

xoxo,
Sarah   |

Wow! So now I have to spend my morning all alone. That's sad.

I sat down on the chair and picked up a bowl filled with cornflakes and poured some milk to satisfy myself.

As soon as I was done, I walked out of the house and towards the garden.

Did Darren forgot this day? It was a special day for both us. Is it possible he doesn't remember.

Maybe!

I need to remind him.

Before I could call him, I received a call from Kathleen. I wanted to ignore it but I didn't, thinking it might be important.

"Hey Nina! I need your help!", she sounded as if she was in a rush.

"What is it?", I asked her.

"I'm going to message you an address. Please come here quick! It's an emergency!", she didn't let me answer and quickly disconnected the phone.

She then messaged me an address.

This was a weird address. It was not at her house or at anyone's house I knew.

It was at a weird place.

I walked to my room and quickly changed into a pair jeans and a tank top and wore my jacket.

I then went to the car and drove off to my destination. I had to use the GPS to guide me to the destination.

This place was out of London.

What a weird thing!

After a long drive, I arrived to my destination. It was a huge house, more of a mansion, that was extremely quiet. I think if I would drop a pin down, I could hear that as well. I decided to open and get in.

As soon as I went in, someone covered my eyes with a black cloth. I could hear giggles.

"Who are you and what you want?", I asked, with a firm voice.

"You're under our custody. Now you will listen to whatever we tell you to do!", a familiar voice spoke.

"I know who you are!", I told that person. 

"Who am I?", I could hear giggles.

"Dad!", it was my dad!

Although I've forgot how dad sounded like since I hadn't talked to him for a long time but I could recognise it.

"Well, since you have caught me, could you just play along. I need to bring you somewhere.", he took my hand and brought somewhere.

I couldn't see anything since I was blindfolded but I could feel the cool air in the house. 

We soon came to a halt.

"You may remove the cloth!", my dad spoke.

I quickly removed it and saw my surroundings!

I couldn't believe it!

"SURPRISE!"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

sorry for the late update! I was stuck at a certain part of the book!

I'll update as soon as I can.

:)