Chapter 30: Fashion Time

Darren's POV:

The day finally came! Nina was totally nervous for the past few days but I managed to calm her down.

I was waiting at the entrance for mum and dad as well as Nina's dad. I was wondering how was Nina feeling behind stage. Was she nervous? Or did she ran away? She was capable of doing that though. We never know! We practiced day and night and went through many rehearsals. She should be fine, I hope.

"Darren!", I heard my voice and turned my head and saw mum. She had a bright smile on her face. She walked briskly towards me and gave me a hug.

"Where's Nina?", she asked me.

"Our lead model ran away and we couldn't find anyone so Nina kind of "volunteered". But don't worry, she will suit the character because we practiced day and night.", I assured her.

She seems to care more for Nina than me, sadly. Whenever I would come home from school, she would ask me where Nina was.

I'm not getting jealous but I'm her son and I should be her first priority.

"Wow! I'm so excited to see Nina then!", we began to walk on the red carpet where paparazzi were annoying us by snapping lots of pictures and asking ridiculous questions!

We walked towards our seats that were right at the front. Mum and dad were very excited to see Nina. They didn't expected to see a new avatar of Nina.

I was lost in my thoughts imagining Nina on the stage doing the same flip she did that time, although that was not called a flip.

I wanted to propose to her at that point but sadly I couldn't do that because both of Nina and I didn't had time. On the other hand, Aaron proposed to his love of his life, Kathleen so romantically. He even invited Nina and I to watch it. Nina was tearing while watching. She even mentioned that it felt she was watching a romantic movie.

At that point Aaron and Kathleen tapped my back and caught my attention. I quickly turned.

"Please take your seats Mr Darren!", Aaron exclaimed.

"But they didn't announced.", I answered back.

"Oh yes they did! The emcees announced it loud and clear!", Kahtleen sounded like my Aunt Maple. She loves having the very deep auntie type of tone.

"Alright alright! I'm seating.", I sat in between two ladies, mum and Kathleen. They are both going to be so annoying.

The lights went dimmer and one of the emcees appeared on the stage. She was smiling brightly and began to speak.

"Good evening everyone. Today I'm very proud to start this event that is all meant for Chloe Brown. She passed away a few months ago leaving her 18 year old daughter as well as her husband and a highly successful business. Therefore I'm proudly going to present to you all the fashion pieces her daughter has designed.", she walked towards the side.

"First up is the...", she began to speak and the models walked in gracefully.

I was actually not interested for the time being and continued to daydream. I was waiting for Nina to appear.

"Last but not least, Mrs Chloe Brown's daughter, Mrs Nina Snow Gray!", as soon as I heard that, I stood up and began to applaud for her. The rest also did the same thing.

"Oh look at her! Her dress is sparkling!", Kathleen exclaimed.

She walked towards the front and waved her hand and smiled at us. I just kept looking at her. She then did her turn and walked back in. She seemed so confident.

"We are done with this show. We hope you all had an enjoyable night. Thank you as you all soon. VIPs please proceed to enjoy your dinner. Our models will be joining us soon.", the emcees said and ended off the show.

I need to find Nina. Maybe this is the right to propose to her. She will very happy. I just love seeing the smile on her face.

I was about to leave when mum stopped me.

"Where are you going sweetheart?", she asked me.

"To get Nina.", I answered her immediately.

"She will come herself, don't worry.", she pulled me along.

"Mum could I just go to her.", at that point something caught my eyes.

There was someone suspicious walking near the stage with a black hoodie put on. Who was that? I need to go and find out because there were too many important people at the back and in this event. We all could have our lives in danger.

I need to find out who was that person, and more importantly immediately!

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Sorry for the late update! I was busy last week trying to finish my first book and finally it's completed. I also had an examination pending so I needed to study for it.

Now I'm free and I'm trying to concentrate on this book as well as my third book that would be published soon. It's called His One Secret.

I'm so sorry if you found this chapter short but I'm trying to make the next chapter long and interesting!

I'll update soon :)