Chapter 16: No More

Nina's POV:

I ran back to the living room to Sarah and William. They were busy discussing about something.

"Nina, why are you panting? What's wrong?", I was breathing heavily and that's what caught Sarah's attention.

"Mum is in the hospital and dad has called all of us over!", I was controlling my tears.

"Oh my! We need to leave now! Let's go! Darren come fast!", Sarah yelled at the top of her voice.

Darren walked out casually and saw me having a tear rolling down my cheeks.

"What is it now mom? Did that idiot complain to you anything?", he rolled his eyes as soon as he glared at me.

"Who are you calling an idiot! You are one as well!", I blurted out and crossed my arms around my chest.

"You are one! If you weren't one then you wouldn't have...", he was interrupted by Sarah.

"Both of please cut that out! Chloe's in the hospital! We need to leave! Let's go!", both Sarah and William dashed out of the house and I followed them. Darren stood there for a while before making a move as well. I'm wondering what was he thinking.

William started the car and drove off to hospital. In the car, I was hoping that everything would be fine.

****************************************

We arrived there quite fast. I ran up to my mum's ward. The rest followed me behind. As soon as I reached there, I saw my dad crying outside the ward.

"Dad! What's wrong?", I asked him and placed my hand on his shoulder.

"It's all over sweety! It's all...", dad broke into tears. Dad dropped onto the chair. I bent down and placed my hand onto his hand.

"What happen dad?", I asked him.

"It's all over. Your mum has no chance of surviving anymore. The doctor said that she has only a few hours.", dad quickly gave me a hug.

Why was this happening to us? Mum having brain tumour, mum getting me married to Darren and now she's leaving us! What did I do in life that I must suffer so much!

We broke the hug. Sarah and William were there as well. I could see Sarah crying already. Her best friend in such conditions and she couldn't believe all that.

"Where's mom now?", I asked. I was still holding on to my tears. Sarah left us and went to a corner to cry. William followed her and Darren was standing behind me.

"She's in the room, waiting to talk to all of you, especially you Nina.", dad choked out those words from his mouth. I couldn't believe it.

Dad signalled William and Sarah to follow him inside first. Darren and I waited outside for them to come back.

I was sitting down at one corner cherishing all the memories I had with mom. There were many bitter sweet moments that I spent with her. She's my inspiration and I'll never forget her. I love her a lot.

I wasn't sure where Darren was but all I knew was that I didn't care at all. It actually doesn't bother to him whether my mom is alive or dead. If he did bother, he would have cared for me and wouldn't have actually sympathise with me.

After some time, they came out and Darren was sent in, alone. None of us talked to each other. All of us were in our own worlds cherishing the memories we all had with mom. We all love her in our own ways. She was everyone's role model.

I was dying to know what was mom talking to Darren all this while. He was stuck in the damn room for 20 of minutes. I wanted to go in and meet her but he has to come out.