Chapter 14: One Mistake

Darren's POV:

I arrived home at around seven at night. My house was as quiet as usual. I walked towards my room. I was actually expecting to see that bookworm in the room studying for the test we were having the next day. It was a biology test if I'm not wrong. Or maybe maths? Who knows!

To my surprise, my room was empty. I walked along the corridor and opened most of the room doors but no one was in any of them. My mum called me down and I was about to ask her when she asked, "where's Nina?".

My mum didn't know where was she as well. Dad had already joined us and I was still standing at my position. I couldn't believe it! She wasn't home! What am I going to tell her?

"Erm mum, don't tell me you don't know where's Nina!", I exclaimed.

"She was suppose to come home with you right?", she asked me. Her face was stern enough to scare me.

"Actually I told her to come by herself on the subway... so I think...", I was interrupted by my parents shouting.

"What!", my parents chorused.

I gave a nervous laugh. I'm totally dead!

"Darren! How could... Do you even know that Nina doesn't know her way home?", my mum yelled at me.

"Relax mum! If she doesn't know how to come back then she might have gone to her house!", I assured my parents.

"She would have called if she was there! And for your information, I just came from there! She wasn't there and she didn't plan to go there in the first place at all!", my mum was quite fed up with my behavior. She stormed towards the chair and sat down.

"If anything happens to Nina, I will for sure get killed! Chloe won't forgive me!", my mum mumbled to herself.

Oh sh*t! What did I do? I took out my phone and called her. Her phone was switched off! What! Did her battery die? She should be carrying a portable charger along with her all the time!

"Mum, dad! Don't worry! I will bring Nina back! I promise.", I assured my parents and picked my car keys. I ran out of my house and drove my car out onto the roads.

"Thank God it's not raining. I will be easier to find her then!", I mumbled to myself.

At that point, it began to drizzle and started raining cats and dogs. Now that's what I call a horrible day! Now how was I going to find her!

"Where are you Pluto Duck Face?", I muttered under my breath.

I drove towards my school and took a few rounds in the neighborhood. She was no where there. Then I went to the subway station and check her there. She wasn't there as well. I felt as if I was driving through the entire London! Where didn't I looked for her. Shopping malls, parks, neighborhoods! But she was no where. It was already 9pm. But there's one place left!

The City! Oh why didn't I think about that! The subway terminates there! I sped through the night to the city. As soon as I reached my destination, I slowed my car down and looked outside. It was already 9.45pm and it was quite empty.

It had stopped raining and it was easier to find her. I parked my car aside and got off. It was extremely cold! I wonder how was Nina feeling. Cold and wet at the same time? Maybe!

I brisk walk around the city. Then my eyes caught someone. She was lying down on the bench drenched. Is it Pluto! She looked as if she was shivering. I ran towards her. Then I heard that girl talking to herself.

"If I manage to go home, I will ki-kill that Pir... Piranha! It's ssss-oooo c-c-cold!", she mumbled and stammering the same time. She sounded quite weak. Oh! I just hope she's fine.