Chapter 26: She's In Love With Me?

Nina's POV:

"You're right. I saved you because I see Eleanor in you. If I wouldn't have seen her in you, I wouldn't give a sh*t about saving you because you mean nothing to me!"

His words kept haunting me. Was I that bad that Darren couldn't even fall in love with me? Maybe he could just start liking me right!

I had no idea where I was. This looks like a garden. I just sat on one of the branches and began to cry my heart out. Why am I so unlucky that I don't get anyone's love. I didn't get Alex's true love. I didn't get mum's love and now I don't get my own husband's love.

I feel like I'm keeping him in this relationship for no reason. Why am I doing that? I love him right but he doesn't love me. I think divorce is the best option.

******************************************

Darren's POV:

Did I do the right thing? Should I have shouted at her like that? She must be hurt. But if she's hurt, that means she loves me. She wouldn't have bothered if she was not in love with me.

I mean I was her first kiss and I cared for her a lot and there is a high possibility that she will love me.

I was walking through the corridor when suddenly an old lady appeared out of no where began to hug and kiss me.

"Darren sweetheart! You came! Where's your wife? I seriously want to meet her.", she asked me.

"She will here soon.", I told her and began to worry whether will she come in or not.

"Grandma!", a voice behind me yelled. It was Aaron. He ran towards his grandma and gave her a hug.

"Sweetheart! I miss you a lot!", she began to kiss his cheeks.

"I missed you too!", he told her.

Behind him was Kathleen, mum and dad and Nina's dad. They took turns to hug her. Everyone gathered at the living room. I was also going there when Kathleen and Aaron stopped me.

"Where's Nina?", Aaron asked me.

"We actually had a fight and I'm not sure where she is now.", I told them confidently.

"What!", both of them yelled in unison.

I began to tell the entire story and they just kept listening. I was about to tell them how I feel but Aaron stopped me.

"Bring him to the garden while I'll go there now.", he told Kathleen and he sprinted out of the house.

We followed him quickly. There he was next to Nina. He was comforting her. Kathleen took my hand and brought us closer towards them.

"What are you doing?", I asked Kathleen.

"I want you to hear their entire conversation.", Kathleen instructed me.

"Nina, what's wrong?", Aaron asked Nina.

"Why am I so unlucky?", she asked him.

"Who says so?", he told her.

"He loves Eleanor so much that he doesn't see my love for him!"

"You love him?", Aaron asked her.

"Yes! I love Darren Louis Gray a lot! He was my first kiss and love. How wouldn't I fall in love with him? He so kind and cares for me so much."

She's in love with me? OMG! That's totally new.

"But he doesn't love me at all. He just hates me!", she continued.

"She's in love with me!", I said to myself and Kathleen began to giggle.

"Are you that blind? She loves you a lot! She confessed it to herself, to us and indirectly to you.".

"I seriously don't know what to say. I thought she doesn't love me.", a smile appeared on my face. Why was I smiling? I don't love her right? Or do I?

I began to walk towards that direction. Tears were still rolling down her cheek. Aaron immediately moved aside when he saw me. I went behind her and gave a back hug to her. She first was trying to run away but I was too strong for her.

I then kissed her cheek and mumbled in her ears.

"I don't hate you and I'm so sorry. I shouldn't have said all that.", I let go of her and she turned towards me.

"You heard everything?", she asked me nervously.

"Nope I only heard the last sentence that you thought I hate you but I don't. You're a good friend and wife. If it was not you I wouldn't have learnt so much. You care for me so much and I also care for you a lot.", he smiled at me.

Instead of saving anything, she gave me a tight hug. I took some time to react to that hug. I was not expecting it. Aaron was at me and Kathleen was next to him. They gave each other a 'high five'.

Nina loves me a lot. Was I that blind? I can't do anything at this point. She's in love with me. Is it possible for me to fall in love with her? It's very easy Darren. Just pretend she's Eleanor.

But she doesn't like Eleanor. I think I will fall in love with such a cute and caring wife after all.

We both broke the hug and I saw her face. It was filled with tears. I started rubbing her tears away with my thumb, and looked at her face. I pulled her closer towards me and gave her a kiss on her forehead.

"I'm very sorry Nina. Please forgive me. And if I ever do this again, just slap me.", I told her.

Her next step was to slap me lightly and she began to giggle.

"I said if I ever did it again. Please learn to listen.".

"I'm so sorry if I was ever a pain!", she told me.

"No you weren't. You're a sweet, caring and beautiful girl. And I promise you I will never mention Eleanor's name ever again. She was my past and you're going to be my future.", I told her.

"I promise you I'll never irritate you ever again.", she told me.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Surprise surprise!

I've wrote an early update!

I need some time to write the next chapter! So I need some to think and maybe I'll update by the end of this week :)

For now,

Take care

Vote

Comment

And that's it 😁

Bye

Love ya 💋