Chapter 29: Missing Mum

Nina's POV:

Everyone's finger laid on me. How could they choose me? I can't even walk down a ramp without falling once! I can better be off being a stage manager rather than being a temporary model.

"How could I do modelling?", I asked them.

"It's very simple Nina! Just walk down the ramp with a pair of heels, maybe in a more fashionable way.", Aaron answered me.

"And why me? Kathleen can do it right?", Kathleen was better off being a model. I've just started wearing heels.

"It's your mother's tribute show so it's better if her daughter does it rather than a stranger.", Kathleen explained.

"Come on Nina. You could do this much for me right?", Darren showed me the face I couldn't resist. The smile and the face and the smile. Urgh! It's too hard to resist.

He has done so much for me so I think I should be doing this much for him.

"Alright then. Let's start with the practice.", I answered him and everyone began to cheer.

******************************************

"No no no! You're doing it all wrong!", my manager yelled at me at the top of his voice! Was he my boss or was I his?

"Hello mister! You're talking to your boss! She could fire you for shouting at her.", Kathleen yelled at him as she placed her legs on the other chair.

"I can't do it. What if I underestimated the distance from my foot to the end?", I asked him.

My manager wanted me to do a 360 twist with a pair of 4 inch heel! I think he must have lost it!

"Alright aright! You have to do a fly kiss then!", he instructed me.

"What! Are you mad? Why would I do that?", I asked him.

"Because all our models do that!", he told me.

"That's because they want attention. I'm married so I don't need extra attention!", I argued back.

"Darren! Handle your wife!", he yelled at Darren.

Darren rolled his eyes and woke up. He seemed to be annoyed with me and the manager.

"What is it now!", Darren asked him.

Darren was called after every 15 minutes to handle my case.

"Your wife can't wink her eyes or give a 360 twist or even a fly kiss!", the manager walked away angrily.

I immediately sat on the edge of the stage with my legs dangling out and the were swinging. Darren also joined me in and began to swing his legs.

"Just relax and give it a try.", he spoke after some time.

I was actually lost in my thoughts so I didn't understood what he was actually saying. Just relax and give what a try?

"Huh?", that was what came out of my mouth.

"I mean relax and give the modelling thing another try! I promise you if you don't it good enough this time I'll find a model or I'll make Kathleen the model.", he told me and gave me a side hug.

"What! There no way I'm gonna go and do the modelling stuff!", Kathleen stood up in shock!

I love that reaction.

"You can't even go on stage because you're too short!", Aaron began to joke around.

"So will you give it another try?", he asked me.

"Can you tell me how do you relax?", I asked him.

"Breathe in and then breathe out. Close your eyes and remember your mum. Then everything will be great!", he smiled at me and gave me a light kiss on my forehead.

"I'll give it another try.", I told him.

"Great!" He stood up and began to shout at the top of his voice.

"Everyone in positions! Nina is ready!".

Everyone immediately stood up and began to move to their position.

"Play the music!", Darren instructed.

"But we didn't plan what music are we going to play!", the manager told Darren.

"Then we will play anything that's available.", Darren told the DJ to play some music.

The first models began to walk with the rhythm and were swinging. I was the last few to it would take me some time.

The lights changed as well. Some of them were even pouting. OMG! Should I do it as well.

"Nina, your cue is when it's the chorus! Get ready!", the manager told me.

I began to close my eyes and was breathing slowly.

"Breathe in and then breathe out. Close your eyes and remember your mum. Then everything will be great!"

I could hear Darren's words echoing in my ears!

For mum!

I walked out with confidence! I looked around and gave my best smile! I placed both my hands on my hips and walked without caring. I then walked in front blew a kiss and did and a 90 degree turn and stopped for a moment. I felt someone was standing next to me. Was it someone. I looked at I couldn't believe my eyes!

Mum!

My mum!

"You did it sweetheart! Mummy loves you!", she kissed my forehead. I couldn't believe it!

Was it a dream? I must be seriously dreaming!

"Nina! You did it!", I saw Darren running towards me and gave me a tight hug!

Maybe it was my illusions! I must be dreaming!

"Are you alright Nina?", Darren asked me.

"I felt like I saw mum!", I told me.

"I told you that if you remember her, she'll be with you. She loves you and is very proud of you!", he gave me another hug and kissed my forehead.

Mum! I miss you!
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Short chapter! I'm so sorry! I'll update soon :)