Chapter 28: Unexpected Plans

Nina's POV:

"We're here!", Kathleen exclaimed.

I was actually very tired from the journey but my friends wanted to leave the hotel to go and meet our manager. We needed to know where the event would be held and the people, or should I say models participating in this event.

"What are we doing here?", I asked Kathleen.

We were standing in front of the Eiffel Tower. There were people putting up the stage and the entire place was in a mess.

"Nina didn't you know that the event was taking place here?", Darren asked me.

"I thought it was at some event hall!", I couldn't believe my manager was thinking too ahead of me. Was he the boss?

"Where the hell is the manager!", I blurted out.

"Relax Nina.", Aaron freaked out with my movement.

"You're asking me to relax? We're having extra expenditure. We could have spent the money somewhere else.", I'm not so money minded but I didn't wanted to waste my parent's money or even Darren's money.

"It's not extra Nina. We need to spend some money on your mother's show. It's an event to remember your mother right. We shouldn't worry about the money.", Darren calmed me down.

"I know but how could the manager do all this without getting back to me? I wasn't allowed to choose the location and now I can't even choose the area where I could do it.", I was disappointed.

"Actually I've talked to the manager already. I told him to have it here because your dad was telling my parents that your mum always desired to have an event here.", Darren explained to me.

He did think about me! Oh my! Is it love?

I just kept staring at Darren. He also did the same. I just wanted time to pause for a moment so that I could enjoy the moment. This is what I always wanted to experience.

But as usual, there are some people who just start laughing at the moment. Obviously your friends!

"Nina, we're getting late. Let's go and see how's our fashion show.", Darren pulled me closer towards him and locked our hands together. Sparks!

*******************************************

"So these are our models Nina. They would be walking on this ramp one by one.", the manager told me everything.

"And is this show going to be showed on the television?", Kathleen asked.

"Yes it is that's why we need everything to be perfect.", he explained to us.

"Could I meet the models personally?", I asked him.

"Yes you can.", he allowed me to meet them and Darren followed me.

"Hello everyone. I'm Nina. My mother used to own this entire business but now it's my turn. This entire event is a tribute to my mother so I don't want any mistake."

"She means she wants it perfect. By helping us you're doing us a favour. My wife and I are glad that we have your support." , Darren spoke.

********************************************
Darren's POV:

"Let's start the trail!", the manager yelled at the top of the voice.

I was sitting next to Nina. Should I propose to her over here? This is a city where people who hate each other to love each other. Aaron would be proposing to Kathleen so I should propose to him as well.

"Darren what are you thinking?", Nina distracted me from my thoughts.

"About you sweetheart.", I mumbled into her ears.

"Oh really! What are you thinking about your wife?", Aaron and Kathleen came behind us.

This is what I totally hate! When you're actually in the mood to have some romance with your partner but some people just don't know how to mind their own business.

"Could you mind it!", I signed them to get away but they just kept staring at us.

"We will just sit here but don't worry we will mind out own business.", Aaron told me.

"I'm tired.", I whispered into Nina's ears.

"Me too!", she let out a loud yawn.

"Then let's cuddle!", I pretended to be her pet dog and began to cuddle into her.

"What are you doing Darren? It's ticklish! And people are watching us!", she was enjoying the moment but I know he was denying it.

"Alright then.", I pulled her close to me and gave her a side hug. She placed her head on my chest and took a deep breath.

*******************************************
"Nina wake up! We would be getting late!", I pulled her out of the bed.

We were actually in one of my houses.

"Gimme 5 more minutes!", she yawned and fell back onto the bed.

"No Nina! We're getting late.", she finally woke up.

"Fine!", she took her things and went to take a shower.

After 15 minutes, she came out wearing a black sheer poet blouse with a pair of dark blue jeans and a pair of ballerina flats.

I couldn't get my eyes off her. Aaron's right! I'm a love sick puppy!

"You're looking stunning!", I told Nina casually, trying to control my inner feelings.

"Thanks! Now let's go!", she pulled me out of our room and we quickly went down to meet Aaron and Kathleen.

*******************************************
"Where is she?", the manager was yelling at the tip of his voice when we arrived at our destination.

"What's wrong?", Nina asked him as he ran towards us.

"One of our models are missing!", he was panicking. Now Nina joined him.

"Did she tell anyone anything?", Kathleen asked.

"No one knows where she went!", the manager said.

Out of the blue, he received a message.

"It's from her.", he sounded a bit calm but his face turned pale.

"What's wrong? What does it state?", I asked him.

He passé me the phone and I began to read it aloud.

"I just sending you this to let you know that I'm leaving this company because you all have always cheated me. I never benefited from this. That's why I'm leaving!".

"So she left?", Aaron was still looking clueless.

"Where am I going to find another model?", the manager was panicking.

"Was she the main person?", I asked him.

"Yes! She was going to do the most important part!", the manager yelled at me.

"We don't need to look for another model because we have one here.", Kathleen had a smirk on the face.

"Who is it?", the manager asked.

I understood the smirk.

We all pointed to the same person...

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I know I'm jumping around be user the main part is yet to come. You will definitely enjoy the next chapter.

For now, please wait ;)