Chapter 23: The Unexpected

Nina's POV:

It has been a month ever since mum passed away. Life was different for me. I went through a lot. I needed to take care of dad, mum's business, Sarah's business, Darren and myself.

My day was usually long a tiring. I didn't even realise that a month had passed!

I hardly saw Lara and Alex. They seemed to have disappeared. Were they together? Or were they planning something stupid against Darren?

Back to my day:

It was finally Friday! Yippee! I could get some rest. I was on my way to Darren's car when Kathleen stopped me.

"Nina, could I come along with you? To your house? My parents are not in town and I thought of spending the weekend with you. Is it fine with you?", Kathleen asked me.

"I'm fine with it but you need to ask Darren. It's his house after all.", I told her.

"I've already asked him. He said to ask you if you're fine with it. Since both of you are fine then let's go!", Kathleen pulled my hand towards the car.

Darren was busy on the phone talking to someone. He was laughing. Maybe he was talking to his friends.

Once Darren saw Kathleen getting into the back seat of the car while I got into the front seat, he told the person that he would talk to him once he's home and started the engine.

"Seems like you gave her permission.", Darren said and began to drive.

"Permission? Explain!", I asked him.

"You gave her permission like that's your house.", Darren shrugged his shoulders.

"Do you think I had a choice? She said that you allowed her. And don't forget Sarah told me that that's my house as well. Jealous?", I sticked my tongue out at him.

"Even if I've allowed her, you should be asking me. I'm the owner of the house. And I'm not jealous because I got more houses around the world!", he rolled his eyes.

"Then all those houses belong to me. Just remember I've got more houses than you!", I rolled my eyes back as well.

"Err guys, I think both of you have forgotten that I'm sitting over here. Stop fighting please.", Kathleen stopped both of us.

If Kathleen hadn't stopped us I would have taught him a lesson!

We didn't talk all the way home. Sarah gave Kathleen one of the rooms to stay. Kathleen didn't go to her room till evening. She said she wanted to play with Darren with his PlayStation. It's totally lame.

By 6pm Kathleen went to her room.

********************************************

Kathleen's POV:

"Nina, I'm going to my room. I'll see you later for dinner. Bye!", I smiled to her and walked off to my room.

All the rooms looked the same. I was confuse where to go. Then I saw a room that looked like my room. I went in and saw the room. It was gorgeous. It was as big as my own room so I didn't had any problem adjusting.

I quickly jumped onto the bed and lied down. I was totally exhausted. I need to take a nice shower. I picked up the towel and took the spare clothes Nina passed me.

I opened the door and my eyes widened at the scene. A half naked man was standing in front of me. I let out a loud scream. And dropped my clothes on the floor. I ran out and tried to find something to beat him up. He might be a thief since Darren didn't had any siblings. He walked out of the bathroom with a pair of jeans and a shirt that he was holding.