Chapter 17: Wounds and Blood

Nina's POV:

Upon hearing does words from the doctor's mouth, I began to cry even more. Dad was also crying. William and Sarah comforted both of us.

Why was this happening to me only? Why do I always lose the person whom I love the most. First Alex and now mum.

"Dear, I think we should get out of here.", Sarah whispered in my ears. She took my hands and brought me out and asked me to sit down. She told me she needed to do some formalities and left me there alone.

I was still crying but it was lesser than before. Darren joined me and sat next to me. He looked at me and then turned his head away. I didn't felt like talking to anyone.

"I'm sorry.", Darren whispered in my ears.

I looked at him and I saw him taking my hand. What was he sorry for? Losing my mum? Was he trying to sympathise with me?

"Look, if you think I'm sorry that you have lose your mum then you are wrong. I'm sorry that I took your phone and spoiled it. Because of me you don't have any memories of your mum.", he explained to me.

I didn't hesitate but quickly gave him a hug. A tight hug. I began to cry as soon as I placed my head on his shoulder. He didn't hug me back but after some time I could feel his hand on my hip and the other on my head trying to calm me down.

"It's okay Nina. I've also lose someone who cares for me as well. I've lose someone who loves me a lot. I know how it feels.", he whispered in my ears and began to hug me tighter than before.

What was trying to imply? Did he lose someone he loves a lot as well? Who would that person be? Is sibling? His best friend? Who!

I was still lost in my own world while hugging Darren. He didn't even seem like he minded me hugging him.

After sometime, I felt like I was going to sleep and I did, still tangled in Darren's arms.

********************************************
Darren's POV:

I was standing far away from Nina and the rest. I didn't want to be close to them. The atmosphere seemed to be familiar. The tension,  the fear, the sadness and the pain. I wanted to get out of this place but I can't. I need to overcome with the fear.

I saw Nina and Michael crying. She couldn't control herself anymore. I could see myself in her, just like that time. Mum went over to her and calmed her down and decided to bring her out.

As soon as they went out, I decided to go out as well. Dad signalled me to go out as well. Maybe Michael needed some alone time.

I walked slowly out thinking of how would I confront her. I did a lot of wrong things with her and I feel like she has suffered because of me.

At that moment mum came to me. She stopped me there for a moment.

"Just keep an eye on her please. I need to go and complete some formalities.", mum patted my shoulder and walked away.

I saw Nina, sitting alone crying, still. What should I do. I walked slowly towards her, one step by one step.

I sat next to her and had a glance of her before turning back towards the front. She also gave a glance and tuned her head back. Maybe she doesn't want to talk to me. But I need to talk to her. I've been in her shoes before. I've experienced the same problem and I don't want her to ponder over the situation. We all do lose our love ones in our life someday, just like how I did. We just need to learn to move forward.

"I'm sorry.", I whispered in her ears.

She looked at me and I immediately took her hand. She looked shocked. I think I've hurt her ego. Who knows!