Chapter 22: My Lost

Nina's POV:

I was waiting for Darren at the porch. His car wasn't there and he was no where to be seen. 

Soon I saw his car. He drove into the school compound. He stopped at the porch and I got into the car. He looked like he was crying for a long time. A very long time.

"Where were you? I tried calling you for some time but you didn't answer.", I asked him.

"No where. I just wanted to be alone. Let's go home.", he replied me bluntly.

We arrived home soon. There was awkward silence all the way. As soon as I got down the car, I heard my phone ringing. It was dad.

I began to talk to dad for some time. After about 10 minutes I walked into the house and into my room.

I saw Darren sitting on his bed silently. That was weird. Nothing I expected. I kept my bag aside and went to the washroom to change my clothes. I changed into a normal home shirt and a pair of shorts. I came out and saw Darren no where to be found. He must have went out.

I walked towards the bed side to place my phone on charge when something caught my eyes. It was a gift wrapped in a silver wrapping paper and a small note. I picked it up and read the note.

"For Sweet Nina, A Sweet Gift"

I was wondering who sent it. It was written, "someone who you hate a lot" with a smiley face.

Hate! Who do I hate other than Alex. Was it from him? I immediately unwrapped the gift hoping to find another clue to my question.

To my surprise I saw the gift. It was an iPhone 6 gold with a cover that had my picture and my name craved on it. Phone!

The only person who knows that my phone got boil was Darren and the handwriting was very neat. So it was a gift from Darren!

He didn't write his name for a purpose. I decided to go and find him. I quickly wore my jacket and walked out of the room.

He was no where inside the house  I went out to find him. There he was! All alone, sitting on the bench.

"Darren! Why are you here all alone?", I asked him as I sat next to him.

"I just wanted to be alone. Did you want something or what?", he asked me.

"Why do you think I would talk to you for a purpose. I just felt like talking to you.", I explained to him.

"I broke up with Lara.", he mumbled.

"What! Why?", I asked him.

He broke up with her! Why? Was it a good reason? Wait why am I shock? Shouldn't I be happy? There is now a higher chance that he would love me!

"Long story. You won't understand.", he said.

There was silence between us when he finally spoke.

"Could I hug you?", he asked him.

"What! You want to hug me?", I blurted out.

Nina! Just keep your mouth shut! He wants to hug you! Isn't that good news! You want that right!

"Could I?", he questioned me.

I didn't reply him and hugged him. I wanted to hug him so badly. I wanted to thank him for the new phone. I really love you Darren!

We broke the hug after some time and we looked at each other.

"Feeling better?", I asked him.