Chapter 5: Worth It

Darren's POV:

I woke up earlier than before. Today was going to be a great day. Nina, the dumpster was going to turn into a model, most likely if possible. I just hope she does not. If she does, I'll lose the challenge and she will make me do things that I may not like.

I was busy getting ready and wondering how will she even look today? She isn't even used to wearing a dress. What will she even wear? A fashionable blouse? I'm not sure. But what if she wears a dress? Will she look ridiculous? Maybe like a clown. That will be hilarious.

I quickly wore my favorite blue shirt and a pair of jeans. I took out my sneakers and took my car keys. I was earlier than usual. I usually went school late so that I could go to class immediately without any girl disturbing me but today I wanted to see Nina coming to school so I had to wake up early and having girls jumping on me. What else do I need to do just to see that girl!

As soon as I drove to the school compound, Lara came to my car and escorted me to the courtyard. I sat on a table to have my view. I just hope Nina wouldn't dress up so... I guess fashionably.

I saw Kathleen getting out of her car. As stunning as usual. She was waiting for Nina. Sometimes I wonder why did Kathleen and Nina became friends when they are from opposite poles. Just like North and South. It's obvious why Nina would want to be Kathleen's friends but it's not obvious why Kathleen wants to be her friend.

I remember once Kathleen asked me to date her but I rejected her. I mean I don't see anything special in her. She's just like my any other girlfriend. That's boring. I need someone special. Something unique.

Soon I saw a BMW driving towards the school's drop of point. I guess it's her. The girl's right leg came out first. It was with no pants or jeans. It can't be Nina. She wouldn't come to school in a dress. But it might be her! She would do anything just to win the bet!

I was wondering what will I ask her to do if I win the challenge! Maybe be my girlfriend for a week. Or even better be my slave. That's great!

The next leg came out and she got out the car. Who was she? I never seen someone so beautiful before. So mesmerizing. Lara was sitting beside me. I need to know who was this girl. She looks unique. Maybe a new girl! God knows.

"Lara, could you go and find out who is that girl?", I pointed out to that girl's direction.

Lara immediately went to inquire. I just kept staring at her. She was wearing a blue lace dress. My favorite color; blue. She had tied her hair with care and was presentable. Her style of walking was unique. I just couldn't get my eyes of her. Her smile was a killer.

"Darren, it's her. Nina Snow Brown is that girl.", Lara exclaimed. From her tone I could sense that she was jealous.

Nina. You are just looking so... I don't think there's any word in the dictionary that would define your beauty.

Nina walked towards Kathleen and I saw both of them talking. I think she will win the bet today. No doubt. I'm not the only one whom couldn't get my eyes off her. All the guys were staring at her. Girls were gossiping. They couldn't believe that she's that Nina that was only in love with books. If our condition was already like that then just imagine how will Alex. Oh god! He has never seen her in a dress. I've never seen her in a dress.

Out of the blue, I saw her walking towards my direction. Did she caught me staring and drooling at her. Please I hope not. It would be extremely embarrassing. Lara had left me already. Thank god! I bet she was totally jealous. She needs to feel jealous. I mean look at Nina! She is so beautiful.

"Hey Darren! How's Nina looking?", Kathleen teased me. I got out of my thoughts immediately and looked at Nina. She was smiling at me.

I took Nina's wrist and pulled her close to me. Very close. Our faces were 4 inches away from each other. I wasn't sure why I did that but I know I just couldn't control my feelings. She was looking so good. Something new and unique.

"Nina... do you know that you killed my heart today? You mesmerized me. You are extremely-", we were interrupted by Lara. She was filled with anger and I know that she was feeling jealous.

"Darren do you know if you stare at me like this I will win the bet?", Nina chirped. I didn't wanted to lose the bet but I knew I would. I just couldn't take my eyes off her.

"Yes..."

"So if anyone tells me that you were looking at me or if I caught you staring at me for more than 30 seconds, I'll win the challenge. Is that clear.".

I pulled her more closer towards me and whispered into her ears," just pray for me that I could get my eyes off you".

Oh god what did I say! She was already blushing and I was smiling like a fool. It was time. I let go of her wrist and she immediately walked away. Kathleen smiled at me with her thumb up. What's wrong with me today? Why do I feel so weird. She just the same Nina that I argue with daily but what's in her today?

Lara was standing next to me with her eyes filled with anger. What should I tell her now.

"Lara... You look exceptionally beautiful and I know you will win. I mean we will win. I'll get going.", I lied to her and ran away from the scene.

Nina, you're worth being Chloe Brown's daughter.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hello! This is the last week of my holidays! Very sad :( but don't worry I will try to update once a week after my holidays. I'll try my best to update as many as I can for this week.

I hope all of you would have enjoyed this chapter so far!