Chapter 10: You!

Darren's POV:

I was in my room talking to Lara. She was telling me whatever happened in school.

My parents found of that I was suspended from school for a week. They scolded me and warned me from doing such things.

I just couldn't believe Nina would make me do such things. She did looked different that day but her attitude is absolutely the same! She looked good on the day I was suspended as well. But her attitude was the same. She needs to change.

As soon as I finished talking on the phone, my parents came into my room. They were looking worried.

"What's wrong mum? Why do you look so worried?", I asked them.

"That's because when you hear it you wouldn't believe it. My best friend is suffering from brain tumor. We were best friend from high school. We planned a lot together. We thought of getting our kids married. And today is the day. Darren if you don't mind could you please do a favor for your mum?", she asked me.

I was so afraid to say yes. What happen it's about marrying that girl? Wait! It is! Oh no! But I can't disappoint my parents. They keep a lot of expectations from me.

"What is it?", I asked.

"Will you marry her daughter for our sake? I know you are dating with Lara but please... I want to fulfill her last wish before she leaves this world. Will you?"

I was kind of shock to hear all this. But I thought through again. Maybe in a months or two, that girl might give me a divorce. Or even better, I might just fall in love with her. Who knows?

"I will mum. But under one condition. I will need to talk to her personally first. Is that fine?", I answered.

They agreed to my condition. They told me that we were going to meet them today. We were going to leave at 6.30pm.

I saw the time. It was already 5.45pm. I got up and went to take a shower. Then I came out and wore a blue long sleeve warm shirt. Blue is my favorite color.

I took out a pair of black pants and wore it. Then I wore a black tie and a pair of black leather boots.

We left the house on time and drove to a famous restaurant. If I'm not wrong the founder's son is in our school.

It was on the 37th floor of the building. The place was huge. My parents walked towards a table for 6 and sat down. I followed them behind.

A few minutes after, a man came in. He walked towards our table.

"Hey William! How are you?", that guy said.

I immediately stood up and mum stood up as well. He shook dad's hand and hugged mum. He stood in front of me and gave me a smile. I gave him my best smile.

"So this is your son?", he asked.

"Oh yes! Michael, this is my son, Darren. Darren this is Michael Brown, my colleague.", dad introduced him.

I shook my hands with him. So he is also a doctor? Great! So both my parents know them well. I shouldn't have agreed. Wait! Brown?! I have heard it before. Where?

"Michael, where's my best friend?", mum asked.

"Oh! She would be here. My daughter is with her as well. Actually Darren my daughter wants to meet you personally. So would you meet her at the other corner on this floor?", Michael asked.

I nodded and walked towards the other corner. I was wondering how would that girl look like. And there she was. She was wearing a navy blue dress. Her back was facing me. Navy blue! My favorite color. Did she knew? Or did she wore it coincidently?

Her hair was nearly tied up. From behind, she looked absolutely stunning. I started to smile at myself. What an idiot!

Then I walked closer towards her. She looked busy. She was looking outside the window. Great! Without looking at her I could talk.

"Um... I think you are the girl I'm suppose to be talking to. I know we are getting married under some circumstances. I totally understand that. Before I introduced myself to you, I want to tell you something.", I took at deep breath.

"I have someone in my life. I will try to forget her. I will move on without her. I will marry you."

I could see her nod. She then spoke.

"I understand. I also want to tell you something before I introduce myself to you."

Wait! That voice is so familiar. I have heard it somewhere. Wait! Brown! Who in our school sounds like her. And is a Brown as well. Is it Kathleen? Sounds like her to me. No she's not Brown. She's Jennings.

She continued.

"I actually thought my boyfriend will agree into marrying me. But she was cheating on me all this while. So here I am. I will marry you but I can't guarantee you whether will I ever fall in love with you."

That's tragedy. My sympathies are with her. I mean she looks so beautiful, according to the angle I see. I think I should cheer her up.

"I think you ex was blind. That idiot must not have seen you. You are beautiful. I don't need to see your face. I know it."

She turned and looked at me. The smile on my face disappeared. Oh no! I was so stupid!

"You!!!!!", we both cried out in unison.

********************************
Nina's POV:

We were on the 37th floor of a building. Mum told me to stand at a corner of the building. She told me that the guy wants to talk to me about something. I stood looking outside the window. The view from here was fabulous. It was dark so the atmosphere was much calmer.

"Um... I think you are the girl I'm suppose to be talking to. I know we are getting married under some circumstances. I totally understand that. Before I introduced myself to you, I want to tell you something.", someone said behind me.

Is it him? I think so. I wanted to turn around and take a look at him. But I was afraid to do so. Wait! He just spoke. His voice sounds so familiar. Where did I hear it? In school? I guess.

"I have someone in my life. I will try to forget her. I will move on without her. I will marry you.", he continued.

Wow! He has someone in his life. That's worse. Why am I the only one who does not have truthful in my life. He told me about his life. Now I will do that too.

"I understand. I also want to tell you something before I introduce myself to you.", I spoke. I felt as if my voice was stuck in my throat for a moment. I took a deep breath and continued.

"I actually thought my boyfriend will agree into marrying me. But she was cheating on me all this while. So here I am. I will marry you but I can't guarantee you whether will I ever fall in love with you.", I added. It kills me whenever I remember that tragedy.

I was already disappointed. I feel as if I was going to cry.

"I think you ex was blind. That idiot must not have seen you. You are beautiful. I don't need to see your face. I know it.", he said.

What! He just called me beautiful. Was he blind as well. But he called Alex blind. That was totally touching! I want to look at him. I want to see who is that guy. I bet he wants to see. I was already smiling.

I turned and looked at him. The smile on my face disappeared. Oh no! I was so stupid! It can't be.

"You!!!!!", we both cried out in unison.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Enjoy :) think what will happen next