73- Unpacking

CAL:

"Baby!" Kayla exclaims as I burst through the door to her room. "Can you please help me with the shower? I can't figure it out! There's buttons everywhere!" she whines.

"Help you with the shower?" I ask, biting down on my lower lip, flirtatiously. "I suppose I could," I whisper huskily.

Kayla blushes and drops her clothes in a pile. I help her pick them up but stiffen the moment I hear footsteps.

Cursing silently to myself I dash into the bathroom, and hide in the bathtub. "I'm not here!" I hiss at Kayla.

She stares at me, her eyebrows raised in a question just as the door flies open.

"Kayla!" Emma screeches, close to tears. My heart squeezes a little, but I'll get over the guilt. I'm sure.

"What's wrong Em?" Kayla demands, crouching down so she and Emma are at eye level.

"Izzy...kidnapped!" she managed to choke out, wringing her little hands, her face tear stained.

"Maybe you just misplaced her?" Kayla tries, patting her little sister's forehead.

Emma shakes her head. "Cal did it! I know it!" she accuses.

I resist the urge of sticking my head out to tease her. I don't think I should find it so much fun messing with the kid.

"And my Barbie book's gone too!" Emma continues, throwing her arms around Kayla's neck.

"It's okay Em! I'm sure Izzy and your Barbie book will come back," Kayla whispers, throwing me a disapproving look.

"Where's Cal?!" Emma hisses, looking angry.

Note to self; return her stuff!

"He isn't here, sweetie. Try down the corridor?" Kayla suggests, patting Emma's back.

"Why must there be so many corridors?!" she whines, running out the door.

Shaking her head amusedly, Kayla perches on the edge of the bathtub, giving me a withering look.

"Must you mess with her so much?" she asks.

"It's so much fun! I can't help it! Besides, all of you guys are busy unpacking, and I have nothing to do. So I sneaked into Emma's room and grabbed a couple of stuff," I murmur shrugging. "Now, how about I help you with that shower?" I wink, making her blush again.

"Cal! My mum and dad are in the opposite room!" she protests, smiling in spite of herself.

"Good point. You could come to my room? It's a whole wing away," I suggest, kissing her quickly.

Kayla knots her fingers in my hair, tumbling into the tub as I pull back. She pouts at me, rubbing her elbow. "That hurt!"

"They say love hurts?" I try, climbing out. I pull her out and walk her over to the shower.

"All you gotta do is press the red button, then the blue and then the other red. That starts it up. Then you climb in. Use the remote to pick how intense the water should be and what shower head to use. And toggle for heat," I explain quickly.

"Say what?!" she splutters. "Spoilt rich kid! Haven't you heard of simple heaters?"

"Believe me, when you try my shower, you will never, ever want another," I promise, wrapping my arm around her waist.

"Cal!" Ivan's annoyed voice makes me pull away from Kayla, pouting.

"What did you do?" she demands, hands on hips.

"I may have messed around with your brothers too?" I admit sheepishly, loping out before she can scold me.

I run through the secret stairs back to my room. It should take them at least a couple of days to discover these stairs. I'll be safe till then.

Hmm...though...they have no proof its me!

Grinning to myself, I grab Emma's toys and sneak into Ivan's room, dumping them under his mattress. Then I grab Ivan's jeans and hide them in Sean's room. I take Sean's book and toss it into Kayla's room and finally take Kayla's clothes and hide it in mine. Doubt she'd mind all that much!

***

"I can't find a thing!" Kayla mutters.

"You?! My jeans went missing!" Ivan adds.

"My book is missing too!"

"And my toys!"

I laugh silently to myself as I hear the groans from the Thomas kids. Heh! Having them around is going to be so much fun!

The next thing I know, Ivan and Sean tackle me to the floor. Kayla sits on my stomach, straddling me while Emma pulls at my hair.

"Oi! Get off me!" I protest, thrashing in their grips.

"Not until you return our stuff!" Kayla mutters, tickling me.

Spluttering with laughter, I try futile to throw them off.

"Okay, okay! Let me go!" I plead, tears streaming down my face from the tickling.

They stop tickling but they don't release me, all the green-eyes trained on me.

"I don't have your stuff!" I admit truthfully, grinning wickedly. "Except yours baby, and if you want it, you gotta come to my room later," I tease Kayla.

Her cheeks heat up as she swats me.

"Cute, and disgusting..." Ivan mutters, shaking his head. "But I'm serious man! I want my jeans back!"

"I don't have it!" I repeat. "Maybe Sean took it?" I accuse.

Sean's eyes bug out, staring at me angrily. "Are you insinuating that I-"

"Kids! Get off Cal!" Mr T reprimands, helping me up.

I fake hurt, clutching at my stomach, doubled over. I smirk as Mr T scolds his kids, casting them a grin every once in a while.

I'm so absorbed by this that I don't sense my father walking up behind me.

"Cal?" he murmurs, his dark eyebrows arched.

I jump up quickly in shock. "Dad! You're home!" I exclaim, turning a little red.

"Yes...who are they?" he demands, looking at the Thomas'.

Oops.

"Dad...umm, these are the Thomas'. Kayla's my girlfriend and I asked them to move in because of...something," I mumble.

"Cal, you will explain things to me later. At dinner. Invite your guests and remind them of the house rules about dinner," he murmurs coldly, storming off.

Grimacing, I turn to the Thomas' who all look guilty. "That lovely man is my father. And I guess we're having dinner with him. Dinner here is a big deal, so dress up," I mumble, chasing after my father.

Well...at least that seemed to somber up everyone. Great. I can only imagine ho dinner will be what with dad, Stacy, Beth and the Thomas'. Ugh!