36- Party at Cal's

KAYLA:

There were people everywhere. Cal's hall, which had looked so impressive and huge the first time I saw it, appeared to have shrunk, judging by how packed it was. Every time I turned, I'd brush someone's back. Sean and Ivan had long melted, and to be honest, I was scared that I won't be able to see them the whole evening. The loud music hurt my ears, and the dim lighting forced me to squint, to avoid bumping into people.

"Kayla!" Cal yelled. Turning around, I saw him push his way through the mass of bodies, finally reaching me. He gave a low whistle, eyeing me appreciatively.

"You look beautiful, baby! I'm one lucky guy!"

I blushed as he bent down to kiss me. Snaking my arms around the back of his neck, I sighed contentedly. Who cared about everyone else when I had Cal in my arms?

Finally, we pulled away, our breaths ragged.

"Wow!" 

Cal grinned.

"Don't you have to say something to me?"

I pretend to think hard.

"No, I don't think so! What do you want me to say?"

Cal shoved me lightly.

"A simple 'Congratulations on winning the game and reinstating yourself to team captain would do'!"

I grinned, flinging my arms around him.

"I'm so proud of you, Cal!" I whispered.

"Love you too, babe! Now come on, I want to introduce you properly to the rest of my team!"

---

I scrunched my nose in disgust at the way the party was turning out. It was getting late, and pretty much everyone was stoned. Except Cal, though. He had been good to his word, socializing and laughing with his friends but completely sober. The same couldn't be said for the rest of them, though. Although Cal was only serving mild beer at the party, his guests had sneaked in kegs and coolers of alcohol, with Lizzie and her cheerleader friends playing that wretched game again. This time, thankfully, they weren't the centre of attraction, and only a few completely totalled guys were playing along.

Suddenly, I felt Cal's warm arms sneaking around my waist.

"Hey baby. You seem lost, can I help you?"

I snickered, letting his lips roam my neck. I shivered in pleasure.

"I'm good. Don't you have some girls to entertain?"

"What girls? The only one I see happens to be in my arms."

I laughed, turning around. His eyes crinkled as he took me in again.