30- What Was What?

KAYLA:

"Okay, beach, what is your problem?"

I raised my eyebrow coolly as I took out my lip gloss.

"Clearly, I have none. I'm not the one assaulting strangers in the ladies."

"Stop playing games with me!" she snarled, her eyes positively bulging out of their sockets.

I gave her reflection the once over. Hey, who knew that people like Amy were left to wander the face of the earth to teach us something?

As expected, she became even more enraged.

"Look here, you snotty-nosed kid. You are nothing, nothing compared to me. Your complexion's horrible, your dress is cheap, your hair is pathetic-"

"And yet you still consider me as a threat?" I said, finally turning around to face her.

"A... A threat?" She screeches, laughing insanely. "Is that what you think I think you are?"

I crossed my arms over my chest. Oh, she wants to play the double word game, does she? Bring it on! 

"So why, pray, did you have to follow me into the ladies to say whatever it is you wanted to say? Which, come to think of it, was...?"

Eve blinked angrily.

"Was what?"

"I don't know! What was it?"

"What was what?"

Inside, I smirked. This was too easy. In fact, this was hilarious! And here I was, thinking that dumb-blonds were just a funny Hollywood catch phrase.

"Why are you asking me what was what? What was what what???"

Eve stamped her feet in frustration. Oh god, if only I had a camera!

"Stop changing the topic!" She screeched again, one of the strands from her carefully sprayed hair coming loose.

"Exactly. What was the topic?"

"I... you... LISTEN TO ME!"

"I am listening!"

"Stay. Away. From. My. Date. He's. MINE!!!"

I flinched hearing the last two words, but I wasn't going to let her get the best of me. No way. Kayla Thomas will not be bullied by another snotty beach again!

"So you are agreeing with me?"

"I a- What the heck are you talking about?"

"Earlier on, I asked whether you considered me a threat. You denied it. And now, you're contradicting yourself."

"Shut up! Just stay away from him! He's-"

"Updog," I said calmly. 

"WHAT?!"

"Updog, don't you think?"

"WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT?!" 

There really is no kidding this time. She looks positively, absolutely, mental. Brilliant, I thought savagely to myself. The updog trick never fails to work.

"What am I talking about? What are you talking about?"

"I- SHUT UP!!!!" She screeched, her voice ricocheting off the walls. In a few seconds, two waiters were rushing into the toilet, worried expressions on their faces. I laughed gleefully, smiling at her snarling face.

"Well, bye then. See you. Or not," I smirked, sauntering off, leaving the poor waitresses to face an angry Goliath.

"COME BACK HERE! COME BACK HERE YOU EVI-"