56- The Little Blue Dress

Edit: This chapter's dedicated to XxFashionistaXx, for advicing me on how Kayla's outfit should be- The Little Blue Dress.

Thank you so much XxFashionistaXx =D

---

KAYLA:

This is it, I thought to myself, gaping at my reflection. This is the dress. It's made for me. It screams my name.

This. Is. My. Dress!

Trying not to squeal excitedly, I stood up straighter and studied my reflection. It was a dark blue, sleeveless knee length dress. The inner layer, the one which touched my body, was made of slippery satin that felt cool on my skin. It was layered by a frilly, lacy material, that gave the dress a very... feminine feel. I shivered suddenly. Turning sideways, I inspected my side profile. My waist did look smaller, thanks to the ribbon that was tied snugly around my waist...

God, who was I kidding! I was already in love with this dress! I had to buy it!

"Baby? Have you tried it on? Can I see?"

My eyes grew wide. Cal. He can't see me in this dress yet! It'll jinx everything!

"No! Don't come in! I'm changing!" I cried out.

"Are you okay, baby? You sound tensed... Wait. I mean, you didn't... rip it or anything, did you?"

"WHAT?!" I screeched, the dress over my shoulders. I glanced at my reflection; I looked insane. "ARE YOU TRYING TO IMPLY THAT I'M FAT, CAFFERTY?!"

"No!!! No, I don't mean that, baby! It's just-"

Inside the dressing room, I quickly threw on my shirt and pulled the curtain open. I squinted my eyes at Cal dangerously.

"Just what?"

"I- Just thought- You, sounding fluster- Did you get the dress you wanted?"