Chapter Eight

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Jealous?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Don't get the wrong idea. I just like learning new spells. You're talking to a Ravenclaw here," he winked and I smiled.

"Very true."

"Also jealous of your abilities," he admitted.

"Well, I'll take that as a compliment."

"As you very well should," he grinned.

"I'm sorry, I don't mean to change the subject but what in the world does that pin say?" I asked, frowning at his Quidditch sweater.

"Ah, S.P.E.W. That Granger girl suckered me into it."

"What is it?"

"Society for the Promotion of Elfish Welfare. I've found myself to be far too nice and agreed to join her organization."

"You're too nice yet you hang out with Slytherin's?" I laughed.

"Not only do I hang out with them, but I dated one for a while last year. Clarissa Moon. Met her yet?"

"I'm not sure..."

"She's a piece of work. I think she's working on breaking up Draco and Pansy now so she can date him," Alex chuckled.

"She doesn't have to do anything to break them up. They'll take care of that themselves," I rolled my eyes.

"That's probably true. They're a horrible couple," we stopped outside of the locker rooms.

"Worst I've ever seen," I grinned and he grinned back.

"Agreed. Well, this is where I leave you. I'll talk to you later?" he asked.

"Definitely. Good luck," I nodded.

"Thanks," he smiled, and then went inside. I walked towards the Quidditch stands but didn't get very far.

"Holy fucking shit," Daphne said.

"What?" I frowned.

"He talked to you," Pansy said. She seemed like she was in shock.

"Why is that shocking?"

"He's possibly the cutest guy in school. Definitely the cutest Ravenclaw. And it wasn't just off hand conversation, it was like...serious!" Pansy said.

"It really wasn't."

"He was smiling at you an awful lot," Millicent said.

"Guys," I sighed heavily.

"Look, I know my cousin. Let me tell you, he liked talking to you. These girls think he wants to date you but I'm not sure about that. What I do know is that he's very popular and it would be a good move on your part," Hestia said.

"I really don't feel like dating him."

"No, even if you were friends it would be a good move. Status wise, at least," Flora said.

"Calm down, holy shit. He talked to me for maybe five minutes you're all fucking insane," I rolled my eyes and we went up the Quidditch stands to take our seats.

"What took you girls so long?" Blaise asked and Theodore Nott glanced over at us from Blaise's side.

"Pansy and Daphne look excited, something good obviously happened," Theo said.

"Oh, what?"

"Alex Carrow talked to Leah!" Pansy blurted and the girls around us gasped, turning to look at me.

"What the fuck," I said in surprise.

"He's so hot oh my god!" Tracey Davis said.

"Isn't he that Ravenclaw prefect?"

"He might not be a Slytherin but oh my god he's divine!"

"Oh, my brother dorms with him! So adorable!"

"His Quidditch skills are incredible I can't believe he talked to you!"

"He's a fifth year!"

"He's my ex," a girl two rows in front of me crossed her arms. That must be Clarissa.

"Don't worry, there's nothing going on," I raised an eyebrow. The girl had long auburn hair, blue eyes, and relatively fair skin. Cute.

"No, no. Talk to him, I don't care," she shook her head. I frowned at her, feeling suspicious.

"Seriously. He's my ex for a reason. I don't like him anymore," she shrugged.

"Right. Well okay."

"Clarissa shut up," Pansy sneered.

"Fuck off, Parkinson," she said sweetly.

"No, enough, we don't need you two fighting right now," Hestia glared between the two of them.

"Now pay attention to the fucking game," Flora said. And so the game began.

***