Laced - Chapter 16 (An Illusion of Strength)

Start from the beginning

"Shitty weather we've been having, eh, old friend?" Sykes spoke up, trying to keep the conversation light as he led us through the maze of his mansion.

"Sure." I replied half-heartedly. I was not in the mood for his hospitable and cheery façade. I was here for one thing only - to get him off my back.

He approached a large wooden door, quickly pressing in the pin code in the lock on the wall next to the door. It beeped, unlocking, and he held the door open for Perrie and I, motioning for us to enter.

The door led to a well-lit conference room. In the middle was a grande table surrounded by expensive chairs, and a thick, expensive carpet covered the floor.

"Please, take a seat." Nathan said, a fake smile on his face as he motioned to the chairs.

I pulled out a chair for Perrie and another for myself, sitting down and entwining my fingers together on the table.

Nathan sat down across from me on the table, and smiled again. "Would you like a drink, Zayn? Perhaps some Chteau Margaux wine? I could have a slave bring-"

"No, thank you. I'm here to take care of business. That is all." I said sternly.

"Very well. Perhaps a glass of water for the lady?" Sykes offered eyeing Perrie, who kept her head down, her eyes focused on her lap as I had instructed her in the car. She wasn't to look directly at anyone, or say anything, at all. Whatsoever. Those were my general rules for leaving my mansion.

I gritted my teeth. "Cut the shit, Sykes. I'm here for one reason. What do you want from me?"

The fake smile fell from his face, replaced by a bored expression. "You know exactly what I want." He grinned evilly.

I bit the inside of my cheek, growling. "Can't you find your own slaves to fuck with all the money that you have?" I felt Perrie flinch at my words beside me, but I ignored it. "I'm positive you can purchase hundreds of slaves with the money that you have."

"Aaah, but you see, Zayn, you have a good taste in women. I like abusing your slaves."

My hands balled into fists.

He continued, knowing very well he was pushing me to the edge. "I like hurting them. You see, Zayn, it makes me feel powerful." He grinned evilly, and crossed his arms, leaning back into his chair. "It makes me feel powerful over them - the stupid worthless female slaves - and it makes me more powerful than you, because they are your slaves."

"You're repulsive." I spit. Anger boiled inside of me, but I couldn't do anything about it. I had to do whatever Sykes wanted - or else.

"I know." He sneered. "And that's why I want your best slave."

"And that's why I brought her here." I said forcibly. I took a quick glance at Perrie, instantly feeling guilty. She was visibly shaking, and I could see a few tears streaming down her cheek even though she kept her head down.

Sykes stood up, leaning his hands on the table. "But I don't want her."

I looked up at him, raising an eyebrow in confusion. "What do you mean?"

He wore a smug smile. "A little birdie told me you have someone special."

I maintained a poker face, showing no emotion. "What do you mean?" I repeated.

"Your special slave. Your favorite one, the vir-"

I cut him off. "Perrie's the best I have to offer. You know that." I said calmly.

He shook his head in mock sadness. "I'm afraid not, old friend."

"Sykes, what are you talking about?"

There was a long pause.

"I'm talking about the virgin."

Perrie's POV

I kept my head down as I had been instructed, but stole a quick glance at Zayn, gauging his reaction.

The virgin? What was Sykes talking about? There were no virgins Zayn owned. We all came in to slavery without our virginity....unless...

And then it hit me.

There could only be one person with their virginity that Zayn owned.

Abigail.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Zayn said smoothly, but I could tell he was lying.

"But you do." Sykes smirked evilly. "And you have exactly one week to bring her to me. Or else."

I snuck another quick glance at Zayn again. His eyes were closed, his hands in fists, and he was shaking with anger. He didn't say anything for a few minutes, just sitting there, calming himself as he basked in his own anger.

I heard footsteps, and then felt a presence beside me. Nathan spoke up. "And as for this little bitch you brought, I think I'll have her for tonight - as your own form of apology to me, Zayn." He ran a gentle finger across my cheek, and I tensed, holding my breath.

His thumb ran over my lower lip, and I shuddered. My heart thumped in my chest in fear, and I held back a cry.

Suddenly, Zayn shot up out of his seat, and his chair fell back onto the floor. "No. You're not going to have her."

Sykes faked sadness. "But I want to fuck her."

Zayn growled. "Perrie, get the fuck up."

I quickly obeyed his order, and stood up. He snatched my arm roughly, and yanked me, pulling me against his chest. I stumbled, falling against him. I let out a cry of pain, his harsh hold hurting me.

Zayn turned around, his arms still around me tightly. "We are leaving now, Sykes. It was nice seeing you." He spit, but loosened his painfully tight grip on me.

Sykes rolled his eyes. "Leaving so soon, Malik? Let me walk you out then."

I tried to focus on not crying, but the tears that welled up in my eyes blurred my vision as Zayn pushed me along the hallways and out of the mansion. I closed my hands in fists, willing my hands to stop their stupid shaking.

I felt frightened, weak, and stupid. Stupid tears, stupid heart racing. Stupid shaking. I hated being weak, but that was exactly what I was as I buried my face into Zayn's chest as we exited the mansion into the chilly night.

I felt his arm under my legs, and he swiftly picked me up, carrying me bridal style all the way back to the car as I shook and sobbed in his arms.

He crouched when we reached the car, placing me in the back seat of the limousine and climbing in after me.

I quickly wiped away my tears with my sleeve, observing my mascara smearing onto the fabric.

"Sorry." I blurted, wiping at my runny nose. "I'm so sorry. I just..." I trailed off, unsure of what to say.

He shook his head at me. "It's fine." He leaned his forehead into his hand, looking exhausted and troubled as the limousine began to move.

I wrapped my arms around myself, and leaned my forehead against the window. The roads were empty, and I watched the blur of trees go by as the chauffeur headed back to Zayn's mansion.

And then, for the first time ever, Zayn was asking me for help.

"Perrie, what the hell am I going to do?"

--
Author's Note

Hey, it's thanksgiving here in the states.

I hope it's a happy one for you all.

For those who are alone, avoiding family, lonely, and don't have anyone to share thanksgiving with, I feel your pain, and I'm sorry. This is not easy.

The holidays really have a way of bringing up all of shit I've been suppressing for so long.

I hope you all are safe.

Until next time,

IS