Laced - Chapter 15 (A Change in Perspectives)

Start from the beginning

Anything for Zayn.

Abby's POV

"I'm sorry," He whispered into my ear, his breath tickling me. "I regret saying that. You can do whatever you want."

I sighed, catching my breath after Harry's attack of kisses. "It's okay." He'd already apologized a million times. 

"No, it's not," He growled, pressing another kiss to my lips. "It was wrong, and I shouldn't have called you that."

He pulled away, looking at me. "I want to make it up to you."

I smiled. "Seriously, Harry, don't worry about it. I forgive you."

He shook his head again. "No, I really want to make it up to you. Do you want to see my room?" He asked.

My eyes lit up and I immediately wrapped my arms around him in a hug. "Yes, oh my gosh, that'd be awesome!" I whispered excitedly. 

His dimpled grin reappeared, and he slipped his hand in mine. "Let's go then."

As we walked away from the hallway outside the entertainment room, I hoped that none of the girls would noticed that I had disappeared. "So, how do we get to your wing of the mansion?" I asked curiously, entwining my fingers on my unfractured hand with his.

With his other hand, he motioned to me the direction of his section. "It's all the way on the other side of the mansion. Do you know where the grand doors of the entrance are?"

I nodded. "Yeah, I think I remember where that was."

"Well, it's past that. You go past the entrance and there's this secluded hallway and it leads to the upper slaves' wing." He explained. He withdrew his hand from mine, and then snaked his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to him as we walked.

I raised my eyebrow at him, grinning. "Getting a little touchy, huh?"

He smiled back at me cheekily. "Maybe."

"Maybe?"

He laughed. "Just a little."

I couldn't help but join in on his contagious laughter. 

Zayn's POV

I heard laughter coming from the hallway, and immediately turned around to see who it was. The hallway light had been turned off since it was late, and so it was hard for me to make out who it was from so far. 

Finally when they stepped into view, I narrowed my eyes at the sight in front of me. 

Giggling and completely unaware that I was there, Abigail laughed along with Harry, whose arm was wrapped around her waist as they walked towards the entrance. 

I crossed my arms, an unknown emotion completely overwhelming my thoughts, It coursed through my blood, and red-hot anger blinded me. Could I seriously be feeling jealousy? 

Suddenly, Abigail looked up, freezing in place when she saw me. She immediately stepped away from Harry's embrace and blushed deeply, looking down. Harry looked confused, but when he looked at me, finally understood. 

They continued to walk, although at a much slower pace than before, towards me. I cleared my throat.

Harry spoke, his eyes cast downwards, like a dog who had been caught misbehaving. "Evening, Sir."