Exit God Out Book One: The Unexpected Terrestrial Chapter 55

Chapter 55

The days flowed into each other like chapters of a good book. Victor continued to impress everyone with amazing meals from local herbs and plants he found in the forest. Jackson and Maggie went up North for a quick visit to her Great Grandmother's home. She discovered a new family that opened up to her and shared common interests. She missed her lab family and spoke to them frequently. She began to realize how constrictive the two-foot concrete lab walls were, now that she had unrestricted access to the outside. While it was exciting to see and talk to people in the flesh, she continued to speak to those who had given her guidance since birth .

For two full days the elders walked Maggie through every sacred forest they could find. They called her "little Diane with blue eyes," and recanted visions of Maggie that her Great Grandmother had been seeing for years.

"Your Great Grandmother will be here this evening," said Jackson. "She is making this trip against everyone's wishes. They say her health is deteriorating fast and some are wondering if she'll die before she arrives."

"She won't die. Not her time yet," said Maggie. "She has far too much to do before they'll receive her."

Maggie helped clean up the community kitchen before they went to the Longhouse. She walked arm in arm with her proud Uncle, as Jackson called him, asking as many questions as the Elder could reply to. She asked if he could teach her how to carve. She could feel the spirit of an ancient carver wrap his arms around the totems that graced the front of the old building, and thought it would be a great gift to know.

"Why does Papa call you my Uncle? Papa was an only child."

"Because your Papa and I have a long history. We think of each other as brothers."

Maggie looked up at Uncle and smiled. As they approached the Longhouse a young man opened up the heavy doors. "She's already here," he whispered. "She didn't want everyone to make a big fuss. She wants to speak with clarity. She usually doesn't speak well by the end of the day so this won't be easy. She was very stubborn about wanting to come."

The Uncle handed Maggie over to Jackson and they walked up to the front to where a frail woman dressed in multiple skins and hand woven blankets sat. Her long white hair was braided on both sides, and she wore a necklace of claws from various animals. Annok stopped and stood in the center of the group. He was no longer a pup; his wise soul was encased in a tall intimidating frame of dark hair. He was aware of his place in this new pack and he accepted it with pride.

Jackson bowed down and gently picked up her hands. "Hello Grandmother. This is my daughter Maggie."

"Yes, Jackson, I know who this child is. She may be your blood but she is a daughter of the Earth. Come here child, sit next to me."

Maggie settled in close, her eyes locked on Great Grandmothers. "I may be almost blind child, but I see you clearly." She lifted her head and rolled it in circles. "Magdalena. One of thirteen. You must communicate with them. Let's open the channel."

She took Maggie's hands and held them tight. Great Grandmother tilted her head back and opened her eyes wide. With a large gasping breath, she began to clack her tongue in the language Maggie was born knowing. Her words were not comprehensible to the people surrounding them but they were clear to the little girl. Maggie's eyes shut and she went silent. Great Grandmother dropped her head, and the room waited apprehensively to see if the elder had suffered a stroke. No one moved. A few minutes felt like hours until Great Grandmother and Maggie stirred.

"It is a great burden you bear. Do not be attached to the results." Jackson moved closer to hear his Grandmother's words. He had heard the same from Victor. Maggie kept hold of the elder's hands and kept her eyes closed.

"They will expect you now. Everything is in place. You are divinely protected." She bent down and whispered to Maggie and Jackson. "There are twelve disciplines you must learn before 2016. They will come to you when you are ready. Do not be frightened by what you will see. You know what is asked of you."

"We are on the edge of a great shift," said Maggie.

Great Grandmother took Maggie's face in her weathered hands. "What you feel is the tipping point of humanity. Since the beginning of time, populations of all sizes have come and gone. Evil and goodness are the polarities. One of them will win."

"Can you see the winner?"

"No one can predict the future little squirrel. We can only feel the here and now and follow the flow. From this we can only forecast what will be if nothing changes."

"And if nothing changes?"

"It is in times like this when exceptional courage is going to be demanded of you. Keep your soul free of debris and chaos, so that you may be able to see past the illusion and know truth. Never run from the part of you that you do not understand. You may be tempted. You may find some of the others may be tempted. The collective heart is breaking, shattering, drifting, falling. Destruction and fear precede balance. Know that the end result will always be perfect."

They gazed at each other with an intensity that overwhelmed those in the Longhouse. Some people left. Some cried. Most just sat in silence and awe. "Listen for me in the wind child. I'll be there some day with Grandmother Diane."

Great Grandmother glanced at Jackson. "Your mother says hello."

April K. Reeves, Author. Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved. Visit us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/April-K-Reeves/390530011143987?fref=ts or our website: https://aprilkreevesauthor.wordpress.com/