Exit God Out Book One: The Unexpected Terrestrial Chapter 29

Chapter 29

Anna awoke violently that morning. Meyer's experiment washed over her like dirt over a coffin. She couldn't breathe. It was 4am. Maggie's life was altering into a state Anna was suffocating from.

She got up and opened the door of the white room. Maggie was standing in the middle, facing her, waiting for her to show up. Anna began to collapse and staggered to the enveloping arms of the big white chair. Maggie walked over quietly and stood beside her.

"Anna, you need to go outside more. You need to be in the trees with the animals. You need music and healing."

Anna connected with the blue eyes that held their ground. "What does Maggie know of music?" and she searched her memory banks until they were dry. "How do you know about any of the things you speak of?"

Maggie piled on top of Anna, keeping her gaze. "Anna, you need to live outside of your five senses."

"What are you talking about?" asked Anna, fighting the desire to listen against the need to collapse.

"Here, come draw with me," and she jumped off the chair and handed Anna a well-used crayon from her pocket.

They found their favorite colors and began to move the crayons around the big blank paper. Anna watched Maggie's expressions as the little girl commanded her colors to flow and morph into waves and patterns. She marveled at how someone so young could be so evolved. Anna began to well with tears, as a wave she could not define washed over her.

"Anna is letting go now?" asked Maggie. Anna sat still as a rock, knees folded and arms to her side, staring into the child. Maggie stopped drawing. "This room is uncomfortable for you, but not for me. I am free to be me, even behind these walls," and she moved over to Anna and put her left hand in the middle of Anna's body. "Don't think. You are not a body. You are a soul. Listen here."

Anna jumped up and threw herself into the big white chair, sobbing uncontrollably. Too many questions were circling her, demanding her attention and pressuring her to change. She was torn between believing the child was gifted or the child was insane.

Maggie went over to her, rubbing her head and smiling with the face of a two year old and the consciousness of an old sage.

"Don't worry for me Anna. I know I must stay silent. I know I may have to leave this place if I say too much. But none of it would be bad. I will live happily wherever I am."

"I need to know how it is that you see and talk like an old person? What makes you that way? I'm confused. It's not normal Maggie. It's not what kids are suppose to be like!"

"There is no normal," said Maggie. "It's a book someone wrote that too many people rely on. Write your own book."

"Where are you getting this stuff!" screamed Anna, tearing at her hair and cradling into the chair as small as she could get.

Maggie looked up. "There. They speak to me. They always have."

"Who Maggie," and Anna put her hands on the little girls shoulders and began to shake her. "Who speaks to you? Who?"

Maggie gently lifted Anna's hands off her shoulders. "Ison. He speaks to me most. One day I will meet him."

"You use to run around the room looking up and screaming "eye sun". Is this the person you're talking about?"

"Yes. And there are others. But they only send guidance. Ison speaks to me directly."

"What does he say?"

Maggie thought for a moment. "What I need to hear. I know you are afraid for me. I know this is hard for you to accept. There are things that will come to pass that Meyer has no control over."

"How do you know about William Meyer? He's evil Maggie!"

Maggie looked up and then slowly turned to Anna. Maggie was connecting to something Anna could not grasp, from a place she had no connection to. She tried to reason her way into understanding everything, but she just kept hitting a brick wall. Her mind had no explanation she could trust. In her world she was beginning to lose her mind.

"You think I'm too young to speak this way. That I'm abnormal. Let me grow more, as I need experience so I can be wise. Meyer is not evil, just misguided."

Anna searched for ways that could help Maggie leave the white room as soon as possible. She wanted desperately to let the child run in tall grass and breathe fresh air, but if they were caught, she would lose her job and jeopardize the girl's safety. She was smarter to play the game and shelter Maggie as best she could. She came up with a plan, small but a start: to plant the seed of allowing both of them to take short trips just outside of the compound. Maybe that would be enough. Or would it damage the child? Would she resent coming back to the room?

"How can a colorless room be of any help to you?"

"I'm only two. As I age I will know more." Maggie turned and went back to her crayons and white paper. She knew Anna would never be able to hear the words she desperately wanted to speak.

A knock on the door startled both of them as they crayoned a brilliant masterpiece to hang on the wall. It was full color and against many of the restrictions Meyer put on the "experiment". Amarr poked his head around the corner. Anna quickly covered the work.

"Just seeing how everything is going. Meyer is not around for a while so I thought I'd talk to you Anna and get some indication of Maggie's progress."

"Sure Amarr," replied Anna, still shaken by the earlier conversation. Maggie took a black crayon and pretended to scribble on it in the corner.

Anna and Amarr spoke in the open while Maggie pretended to play like a typical two year old. Amarr was under the impression the child was too young to understand the questions or what the purpose of them were, so he spoke openly. Anna wanted Maggie to hear this: she thought it would help her understand the danger that was present if anyone other than the women involved knew the truth. Janet, Edith and Dr. Rosenthal thought she was gifted, but had no idea she connected to a source no one could explain. Amarr probed Anna about Maggie's ability to adapt to the room, and if the lack of color was damaging. Anna chose her words carefully, trying not to let Amarr think the experiment was good or bad, just that the child was too young to really know the difference. At the end, Amarr got up and took a small blood sample, which Maggie didn't seem to mind.

He tested the blood for various nutritional deficiencies and possible disease, but found nothing. Those were the tests Meyer asked for, but Amarr was curious. He was a geneticist, and DNA was interesting to him, so he went further with the blood tests, knowing he would have to keep the results to himself. What he found however, were results that no one could have predicted. He repeated them several times over the course of weeks, to make sure his work was not skewed, but the results repeated perfectly, and he realized he now had to cover his shock and knowledge that this child may not be normal. He was torn between speaking out and keeping a dark secret, but he knew this child's life would be in jeopardy if he did say something, and Meyer was only interested in the end result. Once Maggie was sixteen, she was to be released and her "findings" written into every medical journal possible. Meyer was sure this experiment would not fail, and lived for the day he could tell the world that drugs were the only answer to human disease and discord. Because of this, Amarr buried his dirty little secret deep inside, where it festered.

April K. Reeves, Author. Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved. Visit us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/April-K-Reeves/390530011143987?fref=ts or our website: https://aprilkreevesauthor.wordpress.com/