Exit God Out Book One: The Unexpected Terrestrial Chapter 47

Chapter 47

Kent sat back in a rigid plastic chair parked against the sterile CIA room. Why would anyone paint an entire building white? How could anyone work here for any length of time? No wonder everyone is so negative. He got up just as a bent old man with grey skin and a cane entered. He wore a long hooded cape that rippled behind him as he walked. Last time they met the old man was in better shape, but age was taking its toll. The look of shock on Kent's face was acknowledged.

"Never seen a dying man before Kent?" asked the Director. "Spend enough time in here and you'll feel it. I use to love this job. I thought it was the greatest thing to serve a country but now I serve no one, not even myself, and I am being eaten alive because of it. I don't know why I had to say that. Maybe in some way it will serve you later."

Kent helped him into a chair, and they sat across from each other. "You know why I summoned you here? Seems those in power have located your child. The one you refer to as 'special' and 'gifted'. I guess you'll never get the chance to present her to the planet. Sad really, you could have won a nice shiny medal for it. However, we still need you to follow through with Mash, why I'm not sure since you'll probably screw it up. I'm just following orders from above."

"I know sir. I'm to meet Mash on the first, in Boulder. Why don't we move in right away?"

"Because April first is her birthday. I'm hedging bets that everyone connected to the child will be there. You will apprehend her right away and move her out of the lab, and a handful of agents will stay to clean up. But first you'll go with a small team to the Boston Meyer house in Boulder. You will be there at 7am. If you see people in the house, you must wait to see if they head to the lab. Don't botch this Kent. Mash has his orders. We must get that girl. Otherwise, when she realizes who she is, we'll lose her forever."

"And the others? What of them?"

"If you're referring to the other twelve, all you have to know is that we're working on it," said the Director. "Mash is teamed with a new psychic now. We're hoping the results are more expedient. Everyone else cost us too much. This man is very good at what he does. I personally selected him."

"I hope he's good because he's incredibly ugly. Everyone stares at him. Can you change his looks? I'm not sure you want someone that draws attention."

"Oh I don't know, I hear the women love him. Why don't you worry about things that matter to you and I'll worry about things that matter to us. Deal?"

"Deal." The two men got up and shook hands. Kent was handed a large envelope. He turned to leave.

The old Director flashed a pair of yellow eyes Kent's way. "And Kent, don't get too excited about me leaving anytime soon. You will be seeing me again."

April K. Reeves, Author. Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved. Visit us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/April-K-Reeves/390530011143987?fref=ts or our website: https://aprilkreevesauthor.wordpress.com/