Exit God Out Book One: The Unexpected Terrestrial Chapter 46

Chapter 46

The phone rang early at the Brown residence in Denver and Jackson picked it up just before the answering service kicked in. He was in the middle of a terrifying dream where the entire planet was erupting and people were running for their lives. Why would I have such a dream he thought, and answered the phone abruptly "Hey."

"Well hello to you too Mr. Grumpy, did I wake you?" Sean laughed on the other end "It's me, Sean, remember, your best friend? I'm here in Denver with Sarah. Thought you might like to meet her since she's going to be my bride."

Jackson sprang up out of bed. "You're kidding? You're doing it! Wow, congratulations! This is great! We can't wait to meet her."

"You'll love her. She speaks our language."

Jackson looked over at Laura, smiling away and nodding yes to any plan Sean would invite. "Can you meet us at the coffee shop? They serve a wicked breakfast. One hour?"

"Ditto Chappie," and Sean hung up.

"You heard that?" Jackson asked Laura. "He's engaged."

"And we have one hour to get ready and meet them. Does he always do that?"

"Do what?"

Laura curled the right side of her mouth and looked up at Jackson.

"He has a certain style," said Jackson.

"I can't argue that one." Laura got ready in record time and out the door they headed for the Out-Of-The-Way Café.

As they stood waiting for their coffee, Laura stared at the floor deep in thought. Jackson grabbed both coffees and encouraged her to walk over to their table. He did not want to break her concentration, for he knew they both were in a time of deep reflection and on the precipice of a very serious life change. The thought of the little girl permeated the air, and they knew it was only a matter of time.

"Something just occurred to me," said Laura. "When we were talking to Angus, he called Victor 'Mr. Wright'. We never used his last name. How did Angus know it?"

"That's interesting. I think Angus knows a lot more than he reveals."

"I think he wanted us to know. But that would mean he could be closer to finding the girl. There's no way he can know about Victor and not know about her. That would mean he's connected to the CIA and FBI in some way. He's not a stupid man. He meant to trigger this."

"We have to find her first," said Jackson.

"So he can follow us?"

They stared at each other for a few minutes until Sean and Sarah broke the silence. Sean yelled across the room and they both looked up to see a tall elegant young woman with long blonde hair being dragged by the arm and laughing the whole way.

Everyone stood up and hugged. Sarah made everyone feel as if they had known her for years. She looked exactly like Laura's sister, Emily, and seemed a perfect match for Sean's unusual style, having the grace and patience to balance him. Sean and Jackson went to order breakfast and Laura and Sarah grabbed each others hands and began to talk.

"Sean has told me so much about you two! I hope that's okay. I'm aware of the girl and your struggle to find her. It must be incredibly hard to have to wait. Sean says you both feel the child is yours. I do as well."

"You do?"

Laura softened I'm in the hands of an angel. Sarah had a light around her that was indescribable. Laura had never seen anything like it before, and it was difficult for her to carry a conversation, so she just came out and said it. "Did you know you have a light around you?"

"You can see it? So can Sean."

Laura stepped willingly out of her boundary. "I don't know if it's because you look like my sister, but I feel a sense of connection, something larger and greater than we could imagine."

"We do Laura. And it's coming a lot faster than you think."

The men returned with coffees and all four began to talk about the child, knowing they were to play a part in her discovery. It soothed Jackson and Laura to know they had support. Sarah had many interesting things to say, and everyone hung on her words, shocked to realize someone they had just met knew more about their discovery than they did.

"I know of another person that has the ability to see into the future," said Jackson. "I think he may show up while you are here."

"Victor?" said Sarah. "I know of him. We have similar talents you might say, but Victor is very special. You must trust him."

Sean changed the conversation. "I thought if you two aren't busy this evening you might want to join us at the chapel. We need a best man and woman."

"I know you both have greater things on your mind right now," said Sarah "and we don't want to get in the way, but we would like to stay and help you find your baby. We are on holidays for three weeks, but I don't believe it will take that long. Our objective was to help you out, not have you party with us because we'll soon be newlyweds."

"You didn't have us fooled," said Jackson. "Of course we're coming. And thank you for understanding. Not that we're surprised," and he looked over to Laura, smiling away. "We knew Sean would never bend to second best. Today, we'll toast to your happiness. Tomorrow, we'll start the journey of finding our daughter." They raised their coffee mugs and toasted to a future no one saw coming.

April K. Reeves, Author. Copyright 2004 All Rights Reserved. Visit us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/April-K-Reeves/390530011143987?fref=ts or our website: https://aprilkreevesauthor.wordpress.com/