Chapter 15

*2 Days later. Halloween.*
Lia POV

When I woke up Cory was still in bed. I check my phone and seen I had got a message at 3 in the morning. It was unknown. My heart started racing. I woke Cory up and told him. He took my phone and called the unknown number.

He stepped outside and when he came back in he looked hella pissed. He came in the bedroom and started packing some clothes.  

"What's wrong"

"Get up, put on some clothes and pack some clothes to. We leaving" He yelled

I wanted to ask what was going on so bad, but I knew he would just yell at me more. I didnt want to start an argument this early, so I got all my shit and packed a bag. He put my things in his car and before he drove off I asked him...

"Where are you going? I'm confused"

"Look just go by Mikyla's house and stay there. I'll be there when I get there. I'm going to run a few errands" He said

Then he drove off. I got in my car and headed to Kyla's house. Kyla is my sister on my father's side of the family. She was always a quiet person and never shared her business. She didn't have that many friends in school either. Anyways when I arrived I got out and gave her a huge hug.

We rarely see each other. I only see her like 4 times a year. She welcomed me into her home and I sat on the couch

"Something smells good in here."
"That's my man Michael he's cooking. I would like you to meet him" Kyla said  
She took my arm and lead me to the kitchen. There stood Michael.
"Mike I would like you to meet my sister Lia"

"Hey my name Michael and its nice to finally see you." He shook my hand and continued cooking.

Michael seemed like a cool guy. I smiled at Kyla and went back in the living room. Kyla followed behind me.

"If you need anything. I'll be in the kitchen helping Michael cook and get this food ready." Kyla said

I shook my head and she walked off. Why didn't Kyla tell me she had a man living under her roof. She was always strict about boys. Anyways, as time passed I was watching TV and I got a call from Cory. When I answered I heard a bunch of chattering in the background.

Me: Cory who is that in the back I hear.
Cory: No one I just wanted to call and tell you I am out with the boys and I'll be over there later on tonight.
Me: ok

There was an awkward moment of us not saying anything and then I hung up.

I looked at my clock and it said it was 2:57. Time has passed. Kyla came stepping in the living room telling me to come fix a plate. They made some chicken and fries. It was hella good. After I was done I went back in the living room and I took a nap.

3 hours later I woke up and Kyla was looking in my face. I looked around to see where I was. I checked my phone and seen I had 5 missed calls from Cory. I knew something was wrong. I called back and it went straight to voicemail. I had to get my thoughts together. I called his brother Brandon and asked did hear from Cory he said 'no'. He told me when they were leaving Golden Corral he said he was heading straight to Kyla's house. I wasn't in the mood for games.

I called Jaila and told her I was on my way over there. When I arrived I rushed in the door when Rakir answered.

"Damn! Lia whats wrong with you? AYE JAILA YOU GOT COMPANY!" Rakir yelled

Jaila came running down the hallway full speed.
"Girl you alright? Whats up"
"I think Cory is gone missing again. Don't nobody know where he at!"

"Ight girl calm down. Did you call everybody" She asked stuttering a little
"Yes! I called everyone except his momma" I said

She looked at me crasy and asked me to call her. I couldn't get his mother involved in anything. She's the first one to pick up a phone and call the police. No way. I started pacing around trying to rest my nerves then I started crying.

"Listen Lia you need to breathe. You wasn't acting this way last time" Jai said

I sat down and started thinking about all the places he could be.