Chapter 10

Lia POV

The ride home was awkwardly silent. The whole ride Cory was looking out the window. When we arrived home, He got out the car before I could even turn it off. When I got in the house he was upstairs in the room with the door locked.

I knocked but he didn't answer it. I know he is probably mad because he knows Al'dre did something to me. I got my keys and phone and went right back out the door. I sat in the car for about 3 minutes then my phone rung.

Me: Hello
Cory: Where the fuck you going? Get back in the house!
Me: I just wanted to go over Jai house-
Cory: Man I don't care get back in here! What happens if you go missing!

I hung up and slammed my car door marching back in the house.
I went to the bathroom and locked myself in. I started crying. Why can't I do what I want to without him yelling at me? I went to my room and packed a bag.

"Wait. What's going on! Why you packing shit?" Cory said
I was fed up and didn't say anything. Cory took my bag and threw it. I punched him and he looked at me with disbelief in his eyes.

I walked off and he grabbed my arm and forced me on the wall. I seen he was about to cry.

"Listen to ME damnit. You don't walk off when you feel like it without letting me know where you going. We not doing that no more. That nigga Al'dre out there watching you I bet. But you wanna walk your happy ass out there like it ain't nothing. Stop leaving me! You already seen what this nigga did to us. I'm not letting it happen again!"

All I could do was cry. He let me go and I went and laid down on the bed and cried myself to sleep. When I woke up Cory wasn't home. I damn sure wasn't worried. He left a note on the foot of the bed that said...

"I'm going out to go get groceries. Ill be back around 8. Love you"

I balled it up and threw it away. I walked in the kitchen and cooked me a bologna sandwich. I went back in the room and watched TV. I heard Cory come thru the door.

"I bought some groceries. Go cook dinner please"

I ignored him and he got up and walked away. I smelled something delicious. It smelled like NACHOS! I really wanted to go see. Then Cory walked in the room with 2 plates. He gave me mine and I went to the kitchen table. Slamming the door behind me.

When I was done eating I took a shower and that was it for me. I went to sleep in the other room. Its hard for you to love someone and they always treat you like shit. Don't get me wrong Cory is my heart and I never wanna lose him over no dumb shit. We just gotta see how this goes.