Chapter 13

Millie's POV

-------

Chris? Chris? CHRIS!! I stared at him, he was groaning and clutching his chest.

"It's..." he groaned and rolled over "Alicia. She... Doesn't want... me"

Suddenly he stopped

"Oh" he whispered

"Are you okay?" I asked, concerned

"Ugh..." he put his hand on his head and heaved himself up with the other "I am now. I think Alicia is falling for Dan. I'm going to die. We need to find her."

I nodded.

"I agree. Mark, Elle." I didn't say their names too loud but I knew they would be able to hear me anyway.

Mark and Elle rushed into the room.

"Go pack, we are going to save Alicia." I smiled. They nodded and ran off. "Come on Chris, get a bag of clothes together, ones to shift in too."

I left the room to pack myself. We had moved back to Chris's main house as Dan now knew we were hiding their. We had taken all our stuff and Alicia's stuff back too. I grabbed my backpack and filled it with essentials and then I pulled my sleeping bag, pillow and a few spare blankets out of my wardrobe cupboard. We would take the van and sleep in there at night.

When I had finished I went back downstairs again. The others had already beaten me to it.

"Let's go." Chris's eyes looked pained, he was obviously worried about Alicia and her safety. He knew Dan would attempt and possibly succeed with killing her if we weren't quick enough.

-----------

Alicia's POV

I sat on the sofa of the hotel room. We were on the run and it is safer to stay in a hotel where we as we couldn't be found so easily. My heart was pumping, I was confused and worried. I loved Chris but them again after seeing Dan's emotions about his father's death then who should I trust and be with for my own safety. I know nothing about both Chris and Dan but Chris was my mate and Dan was the guy Chris hurt. Chris's gorgeous dark brown messy hair and chocolate hair were to die for and very mysterious which I like but Dan's shortish black hair, slightly tanned skin and sparkling green eyes were to die for too. I don't know what to do and where my loyalties lie.

-------

Chris POV

Elle drove us silently to Dan's land. I thought back to the day I saw and participated in my first battle and my first ever dead body. I shuddered. Lots of shifters thought I was a murderer, including my own mate. I had never killed Chris's father. It was really Alex who killed him. I pinned my uncle down while Alex ripped his head off. I snapped and wagged my tail while he killed him, I was too young to know better at 12. Dan was 13 at the time and he saw us attacking him and drew conclusions that it was me that finished him of for good. I wanted to protect Alicia from Dan as I knew he would want revenge, badly, maybe not knowing anything was a bad thing and Alicia was more unprotected than protected. I never saw Alex again, he was dismissed from the pack. I ran away, scared to face my parents, and I met Mark and created our pack we have today.

I lay against the window and looked out. A few splatters of rain fell against the window. I watched it as it gradually got harder. I sighed, I missed Alicia, even if she hadn't liked me much for taking her from her life. I loved her, she was beautiful, she was mine and I had lost her. My breath steamed up the cold window and I looked out at the rushing past trees and plants.

I love you Alicia...