Chapter 2

Chris's POV

The girl crumpled to the forest ground. I suddenly realised what I'd done. I'd found a human mate. This girl was my mate. I had bitten her, which means she'll turn into a wolf shifter herself. I should've at least been able to let her have a choice, what if she had wanted to stay human? It would be painful for me not her! Now we are bounded we would be effected equally with pain.

Her phone was on the muddy floor. I picked it up. The screen was smashed as she fell but it was still working. I dialled in Mark's number.

"Mark here"

"It's me, Chris. I've found my mate" I was breathless, I was panicking, I might of killed the girl!

"That's great!" he cheered

"No, no it's not. She is a human, a force between us both dragged her to me and then I took her to a forest where I bit her." I looked down at the girl, she was breathing steadily in her sleep, good she was alive, just a bit shocked, that's all.

"Oh no! She may not make it you know! You should've come to me for help."

"I would've but I really couldn't stop myself, my wolf was taking control, you know how powerfull the mating can be." the girl started to stir an her blue eyes blinked open "Listen Mark, I've got to go, I'll meet you at your house, get an extra bed in my room set up." I jammed the broken device into my pocket.

"Wha... What's happening?" she looked up into my eyes

"It's going to be alright, I'm going to be with you." I picked her up and held her close to my chest "Whats your name?"

"Alicia." she croaked

"I'm Chris." I smiled at her and she smiled back. Alicia snuggled into me and fell to sleep again. She trusted me, she knew I could keep her safe.

________

Alicia's POV

I woke up. I was on the floor of the forest and the boy I trusted was talking on my phone. My neck ached a bit, my memories of what happened were fuzzy.

"What's happening?" my voice was croaking, almost gone.

"It's going to be alright, I'm going to be with you" he picked me up and held me close "What's your name?"

"Alicia" my voice sounded barely more than a whisper.

"I'm Chris" he smiled at me.

I lent into his chest, he smelt like the woods, it was a comforting  mix of musky and newly cut grass. I snuggled close to him and fell to sleep, , .