Chapter 24: Red Eyes

Start from the beginning

I looked at the girl as Kai entered the bathroom. Why must she come now? An awakening vampire will be awaken at any moment. I'm worried. I'm afraid that this girl might be Sunhwa's first victim. Now there are two people that we need to observed. Sunhwa and this young lady. Just then, the young lady groaned. I froze. The young lady slowly opened her eyes.

I froze. What am I suppose to do? Usually, I would call Lay but he is not here. Maybe Kai knows what to do. I shouted," Kai Ah! She's awake!"

The young lady was shocked at my presence. She hugged her knees and cover herself with a blanket. I smiled and told the young lady," I'm not gonna do anything to you."

The young lady didn't say a word. She is trembling in fear. I don't know what she has gone through but I know that it is not any good. Kai came out of the bathroom. I guess he is in a hurry because he is dripping wet. He pushed me aside and sat on the bed.

He smiled and said softly," It's okay. No one here is gonna hurt you." The young lady stopped trembling and wipe her tears. She seemed to be a bit calmer now. I went nearer and asked," What is your name?"

The young lady replied," Na Bi." Kai smiled and said," Okay. Na Bi, you're safe here. Can I know where you lived?" The young lady stared at Kai and replied," I don't know."

It must be the drug that Kai told me about. It must made her forgot some stuff. Which made me wonder, who is she?

Luhan's pov:

I made my way downstairs. Tina took a lot of time in the bathroom. It must be a girl's thing. I was about to reached the bottom of the stairs when I smelled something. It isn't blood, which it is a big relief. The smell came from the kitchen. I peeped at the kitchen and saw Kai. He is cooking. Cooking?

In all the years I've known him, this is the first time I saw him cooking. I stared at him and asked," Why are you cooking?"

Kai was shocked by my presence that he almost dropped the knife that he is holding. Kai put the knife aside and said," Hyung! You scared me. What if I hurt myself from dropping this knife!"

I folded my arms and leaned at the wall while I saying," That's what you always do. You popped out of nowhere. There is this one time when you pop out of nowhere and Lay got shocked which resulted in an explosion."

Kai sighed and said," That is only one time! How would I know that he is working on new explosive bullet for Chanyeol as a birthday gift."

I sighed and said," And Chanyeol would have loved that gift." I walked over to a pot and saw rice. Hm.. not bad it is almost cooked to perfection. I said, " Not bad, the rice is almost cooked."

Kai looked up in shock and said," It is suppose to be porridge though." I sighed and turned off the gas. I said," Well, I'm sure that she likes the rice. I'm talking about the unconscious girl who came here a few days ago."

Kai groaned and said in a rather angered tone," Na Bi." I looked at him. Could it be? Kai put his cooking utensils down and look at me. He said," That's her name. Na Bi."

Those eyes. No way. That tone of his voice when I didn't call her by her name. Aish... Here is episode 2 of Kai's life story. First episode is about his dad and now it's episode 2 when he fall in love with the human girl.  I raised my right eyebrow and said," Alright. Go and feed her. She must be starving. In that state she's in, I think you're the only person she can trust."

Kai scooped the rice and asked," How did you know these things? It's kinda creepy." I laughed and pointed at my head while saying," Her mind. She seems to trust you. After all, you're the one who saved her from those men."