"If anyone other than you were asking me, I would say no," I said to him.

"Does that mean you'll do this, then?" Barty asked. I took a deep breath and nodded.

"Yes. I'll do it."

***

"I just don't understand why it has to be me? There's more you aren't telling me, Uncle Sev," I said, taking inventory of his storage room. We only had two hours before the rest of the school arrived.

"You're right, there is. We just don't want you knowing too much. One person cannot have all of the information; it's easier for plans to be learned that way. It is best if each person knows small amounts of necessary information, but not the entire truth. That makes it harder for plans to be discovered."

"Yes, but you and Barty know the entire truth!"

"We do not. We know a smaller truth within a bigger truth. We both know something about you, but we do not know the entire story. One day, however, you will know the whole story. Only when it is safe and when the Dark Lord has returned."

"This is ridiculous," I muttered.

"Just do as you are told," Severus said and I rolled my eyes, making note of the amount of bezoars he has.

"I really don't want to befriend the Potter gang. They're Gryffindor's for Merlin's sake."

"I understand your dislike of the situation. However, you do want the Dark Lord to rise again, do you not?"

"Yeah," I sighed.

"Then this is the price you must pay."

I walked out of the storage room and took my hair out of its ponytail.

"Right. Well, I'm going to go to my room and change into my robes. I'll see you at dinner," I said and he nodded.

"I will see you later," he said and I left.

***

As the rest of the school filed into the Great Hall, I slipped into the crowed, unnoticed. I scanned the staff table to see Sev, Dumbledore, McGonagall, and Moody. They were the only ones I recognized. My gaze was set in stone as I walked over to the Slytherin table, chin raised slightly and shoulders set. With everyone I passed by, a new whisper started. Soon, everyone was wondering who the new girl was. I smirked, knowing I could grab the attention of a room at any given time. I don't know who I get that from, in my family. Certainly not my mother.

"Leah," Draco nodded as I reached the Slytherin table.

"Hello, again," I nodded back politely.

"I can't say I'm surprised you've been sorted into Slytherin. Good thing, too. Merlin knows the other houses aren't nearly as good," he sneered.

"Darling!" Pansy came up beside me and I turned, accepting her embrace as she threw her arms around me.

"Hey Pansy," I laughed.

"I see you've already got the entire Great Hall eating out of the palm of your hand," she smirked.

"What can I say, I demand attention," I said, sitting down and taking a drink of pumpkin juice.

"Draco this is my darling Leah. We've grown up together. I talk about her all the time. Leah this is my boyfriend, Draco Malfoy," Pansy introduced.

"We met briefly in Diagon Alley," he said.

"Your boyfriend?" my eyebrows shot up.

"Oh, did I fail to mention it?" she grinned.

"What the fuck, Pans?"