Chapter 28

Ashley's Pov.

After the little scene in the front garden we all decided to go into the house and relax for a while. But that didn't happen because as soon as we stepped foot inside the house both Caleb and I were bombarded with questions.

"How far along are you?"

"Is the baby healthy?"

"Is there more then one?"

" How was the ultrasound?"

Everything was so overwhelming. I began getting dizzy, and I felt myself growing nauseous. I put my hand over my mouth and quickly shoved past many people and into the bathroom on the main floor, I just made it the toilet as my stomach emptied its contents. Caleb was right there beside me rubbing my back and holding my hair. I finished after a few minutes and flushed the toilet, Caleb poured some mouthwash into the small cup and I took it gladly. I squished it in my mouth a few times before spitting it out and into the sink. I turned to the door and saw Dad, Calum, Michael and Luke all standing in the door frame with sympathetic smiles on their faces. 

They all walked with me into the lounge room. Caleb sat down in a recliner and I sat down on his lap. I rested my back against his chest and he rested his chin on my shoulder and his hands on my stomach. I smiled at his actions and placed one of my hands on top of his. He kissed my cheek and I smiled. I then directed my attention to everyone in the room. Dad and Mum were sitting together next to Caleb and Callie, Michael was sitting with Anne next to Brooke and Luke. Everyone else left thanks to my Dad's request, he could tell I was getting overwhelmed with everyone asking me questions all at once. I was grateful that it was only us now, and everyone was giving me time to breath and comprehend the questions they asked me.

"How'd the appointment go?"Mum asked with a huge smile. I smiled at her and gladly replied.

" It went amazing. Dr.Collins is very nice, he was happy to be my doctor."I grinned and Mum smiled.

" Yes he was wonderful, when he was my doctor during my pregnancies. He was the best."She replied.

" How far along?"Anne asked with curious expression.

" Shes 7 weeks." Caleb smiled widely and everyone grinned.

" Wow almost 2 months."Callie and Mum said in unison with shock in their voices. We all laughed lightly and smiled at them.

" Are there more then one?"Brooke asked from her position next to Luke.

" Only one. Don't get me wrong I would have loved if it were twins but I think one is enough for now."I laughed and everyone nodded in agreement.

" Are you guys getting more excited for the baby?" Mum asked and both Caleb and I nodded our heads eagerly.

"Yes, I'm 100 times more excited now. I can't wait for the baby to arrive."Caleb grinned widely and I awed at him.

" Me to, but I think I can wait for the pain though."I shrugged and all the boys in the room laughed but Mum, Callie, Anne and Brooked nodded in understanding.

" Its really not that bad. Once you get to the hospital and get some pain meds you'll be fine. Its hurts alot less after the epidural." Brooke shrugged and Luke laughed.

" Just last year when we were having Elizabeth you were cursing the pain. You said its the worst thing you have ever felt." Luke sassed with his arms across his chest to which Brooke rolled her eyes at.

" Its not as bad when you look back at it. Sure it hurt a hell of a lot but all the pain goes away when you hold your baby and hear it cry for the first time."Anne backed Brooke up and Mum and Callie nodded in agreement.