Chapter 27

Caleb's Pov.

Today is the day of Ashley's first ultrasound and I couldn't be more thrilled. We get to see our baby for the first time ever today, I'm so excited. We're actually on our way to the doctors office right now. Ashton is driving, My Dad is in the passenger seat, Luke and Michael are in the middle seat and Ashley and I are in the back seat. Ashley and I are all cuddled together, and enjoying the warm embrace of each other, even though its really hot outside I still crave being cuddled up to her.

Before I knew it Ashton pulled into the doctor's office and turned the car into park before shutting it off. We all the exited the vehicle and I helped Ashley out. We walked hand in hand into the office with everyone else following behind. Ashton signed Ashley in and the rest of us sat in the waiting room. Everyone had huge smiles on their faces and couldn't hide there excitement much like myself.

Ashton returned a few minutes later with a man that looks to be in his late 40's or early 50's, he had a lab coat on and a stethoscope around his neck, by this I could tell that he was going to be Ashley's doctor. They both smiled brightly at all of us.

"Ashley, Caleb this is Dr.Collins he is going to be your doctor throughout your whole pregnancy. He was your mum's doctor Ashley, he delivered you and Ethan and also Penny."Ashton informed and Ashley smiled at him widely and got up to give him a friendly hug. He looked shocked by her actions but hugged her back anyways.

" Its always a pleasure to see patients again, but usually there not the ones I was delivering."He joked and all of us laughed half heartily.

" So are you two ready for the ultrasound?"Dr.Collins asked and Ashley and I both nodded eagerly same with our Dads, Michael and Luke.

" Okay, we'll head back all you boys are welcome to come in if you please." He offered and everyone immediately stood up and followed after Dr.Collins and into the nice sized examination room.

Ashley sat down on the bed and I stood next to her holding her hand even though there was a chair not far away. I feel like being as close to Ashley as I can, when we're here. I feel like she needs to not only see my presence but feel it as well.

" Okay I need you to lift up your shirt a little and we can get started."Dr.Collins smiled as he started up the ultrasound machine. Ashley lifted her shirt right above her naval and smiled small at me. I squeezed her hand reassuringly and she squeezed back. I just noticed that there is a slight baby bump on Ashley already, you wouldn't notice unless you really focused on her and knew what you were looking for.

Dr.Collins squirted some gel on her stomach and she flinched at it. It must have been cold. He started to spread the gel out with the small wand like thing. I gripped Ashley's hand with both of mine and kissed her knuckles lightly as a somewhat blurry image came up on the screen. Everyone starred at the screen in awe along with Ashley and I.

" You see that black blob right there...that's your baby."Dr.Collins pointed at the small blob around the middle of the screen. Ashley started to cry a little I removed one of my hands from hers and gently wiped her tears away, I to was getting emotional and nearing the verge of crying. Just having proof that there is an actual baby in there is more then amazing, its unreal.

" So there's only one not two?"Luke asked and Dr.Collins shook his head.

" Nope only one. But that is a handful enough."He smiled and everyone nodded in agreement.

" So how far along is Ashley?"Michael asked.

" Around 7 weeks."He nodded while looking at the screen. Ashley's eyes haven't left the screen since the ultrasound began and I don't think they will until it is over.