Chapter 2

Ashley's Pov.

Right now were setting up to play one of our parents old songs. I got my Dad doing the drums because it is hard to sing and play drums at the same time he knows my pain. We got Calum and Caleb on the bass, and me ,Luke ,and Michael on the guitar. The rest of the families were sitting on the couch and the floor infront of the stage set up in our basement. We had the stage installed as soon as a shown interest in the drums and guitar, so when I was around 6. Ethan isn't really into the whole instrument thing he knows how to play the drums but doesn't enjoy it as much as my Dad and I do. And obviously Penny is to young to play instruments but she shows great interest in xylophone, which my Dad thinks is a sign that she wants to play drums. I do a little of it all I'm awesome at the drums because my Dad taught me everything he knows, I'm good at the guitar because of Luke and Michael and I'm alright at the bass I'm working on getting better at it, oh and I also know how to play the flute because my Mum wanted me to take up an instrument that no one else plays in the family. 

After we all set up Caleb turned to me.

" What song?" He asked I whispered it to him and he smiled before whispering it to everyone else. They all smiled at me before we started.

"Hey, hey

Hey, hey

Hey, hey

Hey, hey

Hey, hey

Hey, hey

Hey, hey

Hey, hey." We all sang and then it came the part of my solo I took a deep breath and sang.

"Simmer down, simmer down
They say we're too young now to amount to anything else
But look around
We work too damn hard for this just to give it up now
If you don't swim, you'll drown
But don't move, honey." I sang then Caleb joined in. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

"You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey!)" We sang together and our mums were looking at us in awe.

"Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey" We all sang then Caleb did his solo.

"Let's get out, let's get out
'Cause this deadbeat town's only here just to keep us down
While I was out, I found myself alone just thinking
If I showed up with a plane ticket
And a shiny diamond ring with your name on it
Would you wanna run away too?
'Cause all I really want is you" He sang perfectly and I joined back in.

"You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
I made a mixtape straight out of '94
I've got your ripped skinny jeans lying on the floor
And I know now, that I'm so down"We sang then the boys joined in.

"Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey" Then it left Caleb and I to sing together again.

"You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down
Your lipstick stain is a work of art
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey!)" The boys then joined back in again.

"Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey
Hey, hey"They sung and then it left me to finish the song on my own.

"You look so perfect standing there
In my American Apparel underwear
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey)
Your lipstick stain is a work of art (hey, hey)
I got your name tattooed in an arrow heart (hey, hey)
And I know now, that I'm so down (hey, hey)". I sang and everyone cheered and clapped their hands.

I smiled widely and looked over to Caleb. He smiled and set his bass down then came over and hugged me with my guitar still strapped on me. I smiled and hugged back. We pulled apart after a minute and he smiled his biggest smile at me.