"Yes, I know. I'm still jealous."

"Here," I tossed her a sparkly bubble bath potion, rather than my bath bomb which is considerably nicer. Still, Claire smiled and bounced excitedly.

"Thanks!" she chirped and then went off to bathe. I gathered all of my stuff and levitated it down the stairs.

"Have everything?" mom asked as I reached the living room.

"Think so," I set everything down and made sure I had all of my earrings in.

"Got all your accessories?"

"That bag," I nodded to it, fixing an earring back.

"Good, good. Want a snack before you go?" she asked and I sighed in annoyance, but nodded. She went into the kitchen and came back with a plate of chocolate covered strawberries. I smiled slightly and took the plate.

"I know we don't get along very often, but I want you to know that I love you. I'm so anxious about letting you go to school," she put her hands on my shoulders.

"Mom, there's been no sign of Voldemort. Besides that, it's been so long I doubt he'd come after me just to get back at you."

"Well, darling, we did something pretty awful," she sighed, pulling me down onto the couch with her.

"Do tell," I bit into a strawberry.

"Your father and I left the Death Eaters before he was destroyed and took something very valuable from him. Something he is going to be looking for if he ever returns. Now, there are wards around the house preventing him from ever getting in. So naturally, if he ever wanted to, he couldn't get to us. However, now that you'll be going beyond the house's wards..."

"Mom, Hogwarts has wards, too. Besides, wouldn't he take Claire instead? She's younger and likes you more. Not only that, but I want to be on his side."

"Leah," mom winced.

"Please, just stop," I sighed.

"Right. Well, darling, I do love you," she hugged me tightly and I nodded.

"Love you, too, I suppose."

"Good enough for me," she smiled, wiping away a few stray tears. I set aside my now empty plate of strawberries and stood up.

"I'll be off now," I said, hugging mom and dad.

"Stay out of trouble," Dad said.

"I won't," I gathered all my things and stepped into the Floo, heading over to Uncle Sev's. I stepped out of the fireplace and looked around, not seeing him. I did, however, hear voices in the kitchen. I set my things down and made my way down the hall, stopping when I heard an interesting bit of conversation.

"We're the only two who know, besides Bella, but she's in Azkaban."

"We don't know that for sure. We have no idea who Clementine and Lamoure told after they betrayed him. They could have told the aurors for protection!"

"Severus, do not do this."

"She needs his protection."

"She is fine!"

"Not if the aurors know!"

I raised my eyebrows and peeked around the corner to see Lucius Malfoy and Uncle Severus sitting at the table.

"Ah, Leah," Uncle Sev stood, ushering me over.

"Leah, this is Lucius Malfoy," he introduced, flicking his hand so another tea cup was placed on the table. The tea pot then poured itself and Uncle Sev handed me the cup.