Chapter 23: Who is she??

Kris's pov:

I slowly and gently comb her hair. Once I've finished, I put the comb aside and smile before saying," There. Now you're all cleaned up."

I slowly teared up. I said," When are you gonna wake up? I've been waiting for hundreds of years. The world has changed so much. I can't wait to show you and teach you new things. I remembered how keen are you in learning new things."

Flashback...

I have just reached home from my usual walk. My parents are not home as they went to the doctors. Somehow, Mother is not feeling well today. I hope she is alright. Well, she'll be alright but Father is really paranoid in these kind of things.

I passed by the library when I heard a thud. I slowly opened the door and saw a young lady sitting down on the floor with a couple of books laying around her. I went inside. I hand out my right hand and said," Are you alright, my lady?"

The lady held my hand and slowly stood up. She looked down and said," My apologies, Mr De Claire."

I smiled at my mate. My love. My life. Gemini Roseknight. An orphan found in the streets by mother. She was beaten and abused. I honestly want to kill those people who had done that to her. But I swore not to kill any humans, not anymore.

I smiled at the lady and said," Please, Call me Kris. May I ask? What is, the young lady Gemini Roseknight, doing in the library?"

Gemini looked down and said," I want to read. I want to read those easy books in the top shelf but I couldn't reach them."

I asked," Those books are for little children. Why do you want to read that? I can recommend you the best novels."

Gemini blushed and looked down before answered," Well, I don't know how to read. I want to start with the easier books." I picked up the books which have fallen on the ground. I put it back. I then picked up a book and said," I'll teach you how to read. I will be boring if we would read children's books. Let's start with this."

I gave it to her. She stared at the title of the book. I smiled and pointed at the word's as I said," Gulliver's Travels."

I grabbed her and head to the nearest seat so that we could be comfortable.

End of flashback...

I stroked her cheek and said," You remember the swing. It is no longer there. Too bad. I was about to propose to you there as it is the exactly same place I confessed everything to you."

Flashback....

Gemini ran to the backyard. She paused the swings and said," Come on Kris. Don't be a scared."

I gasp and said," I'm not scared. I'm just.."

I looked at the ground. I am an inch away of burning myself. The line as I like to call it. I looked at her. She is happily standing the light as I, remained in the darkness. One step, I'll be exposed to the sun. I'll be burned. I am only a few centimetres away from the swing. Gemini sensed my anxiousness. Her smile disappeared. She asked worriedly," Are you okay?"

I was closed my eyes. I want to be with you, even if it means killing myself. I was took that a step forward when Gemini hugged me. I opened my eyes as she sobbed at my chest. She looked at me and said," I know."

I looked at her blue eyes and asked," Aren't you afraid?" She shook her head and said," No, I'm not. Based on my experience and my past. I tend to look at a person's heart and personality than status or anything else. I don't mind that you're not human. I don't want anything to change between us. You're a great friend."