07

Calum sighed when feeling all the grass tickling his legs, even though they were covered, he still could feel it. He had his hood over his head as he tried to find a stream to get some water.

His brown eyes looked around but all he saw was green trees. He fixed his gloves and then his small ankle boots. When he saw some blue, he knew it was a stream. The tan boy rushed over, his knees almost touching his chest due to the tall grass.

When he got to the stream, he sat down on a log and took a piece of paper of out his pocket. It was another letter from Michael. The older boy and Calum have been writing letters to each other for a couple of months. He giggled when reading some jokes that Michael put. They wanted to run away together. But they knew that wouldn't happen.

But before he could get ready to write back, he heard horses coming his way. Calum shoved the letter back into his pocket and stood up, rushing away from the stream. When he got back into the woods, the Knights were already standing there.

"Grab him. Don't let him go." The new leader of the Knights ordered to the others. Two of them went to Calum before he could run away and grabbed him by his arms.

"Let me go!" Calum screamed, kicking his legs in the air as the Knights held him up so he couldn't run away. He struggled to get out of their grip.

Before he could even try anything, he was shoved into a giant cage that was hooked to a carriage. One of the Knights locked it and they all got into the carriage, driving away from the woods.

Calum couldn't even break the lock.

☹☹☹

Calum was stuck inside a cell in the basement of the castle. He leaned his head against the bars with a big groan. Resting his head in his heads, his bottom lip quivered. He didn't like this, he didn't like it at all.

"Psst, hey. Boy, look at me." Someone whispered, making Calum look up from the ground. He saw a very skinny boy in another cell. His fingers wrapped around the bars. "I can help you get out."

"Why would you want to help me?" Calum asked, positioning himself so he could get a better look of the boy in front of him. "I'm a thief, I deserve to be in here."

"Because I know what it's like to be away from someone who you love. It's hard, knowing you can't be with them, even if you know you have a chance." The boy explained, reaching for the rock that was next to his cell and throwing it over to Calum's. "Quietly, hit the lock with the rock. It'll break."

Calum grabbed the rock and gently hit the lock with it. But nothing happened, so he hit it harder, making it break. It was a weak lock. The tan boy pushed open the cell and walked out. He picked the rock back up and walked over to the other boy's cell.

"What are you doing? Run! Get out of here!" The boy whispered, standing up from the ground. Calum ignored him and broke the lock, opening the cell.

He grabbed the boy's hands with a grunt. "Because I know you want to. Go, go find who you love. I'm Calum, by the way."

"Troye." The boy said, giving Calum a high five. "Thank you so much. I will find you someday and give you something in return."

"You don't need to, just go before you get caught." Calum said, grabbing a sword that was leaning against the wall and giving it to Troye. "You'll need this."

Troye thanked Calum before running out of the basement. Calum knew what he was doing when he started walking out. He saw a couple Knights coming his way, he punched them and kicked them till they fell to the ground.

He suddenly heard clapping, Calum looked at saw Michael's father, the King of the castle. His name was David, everyone knew that. David walked up to Calum with a chuckle. "Impressive. How did you get out?"

"None of your business." Calum said through gritted teeth, his fists clenching by his sides. He tried his hardest to not hit the King, then he would be in even more trouble with the castle.

"What's this?" David asked when seeing a piece of paper that was sticking out of Calum's pocket. Before Calum could shove it back it, David took it out and read it. "Well, it looks like you have a secret admirer who isn't so secret."

"You have no right to read my letters. That belongs to me." Calum snapped, trying to take the letter back.

David just ripped it apart and let the pieces fall to the ground. He took a step closer to Calum. "Michael isn't marrying you. He's marrying Luke. This is what you're going to do, you're going to go into Michael's room which is down there and tell him you don't love him."

"Why would I do that?" Calum asked, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Because if you don't, I'll take your heart and give it to the queen." David sneered, leaning close enough to Calum so their noses were touching.

After a couple minutes of silence, Calum turned around and walked down to Michael's room. Calum opened the close door and saw Michael packing his clothes in small bag.

When Michael saw Calum, his eyes widen and his smile grew. He ran over to the boy, wrapping his arms around me Calum's waist and taking his feet off of the floor. "Calum! You found me."

Calum closed his eyes, trying to not cry. He wrapped his arms around Michael's neck, and squeezed him tightly. But, he let go with a small whisper. "Michael. I need to talk to you."

But Michael didn't hear as he started talking about them running away. Calum shook his head and put his hands on Michael's chest. "I can't run away with you, Michael."

"But, I love you and you love me." Michael said. He shook his head at the words that came out of Calum's mouth. His heart was beating so fast at the thought of Calum and himself not together and not running away.

"I don't." Calum whispered, feeling tears in his eyes, his mind racing. He felt like his heart was about to fall out of his chest as the words came out of him mouth. "You said I'll always be in your heart and that's too cruel to fate. Go live your life, without me because there'll be no place for us together."

Michael let a tear fall from his eyes, he was trying his very hardest to not sob in front of the love of his life. He just couldn't believe Calum was saying these words.

Calum continued. "Fill your heart for someone else. Someone who can love you the way I never have, the way I never will."

Before Michael could say anything more, Calum closed his eyes as tears fell, he didn't want to show Michael how hurt he was. He turned around and walked out of Michael's room without another word.

☹☹☹

I feel sad.

Let me know your thoughts.

Please vote and comment