03

"You're standing a little too close to me," Calum mumbled, leading Michael the way to where the trolls live, practically feeling the older boy's breath on his neck.

Michael stopped walking and let Calum take a couple of steps before starting to walk again. He sighed when asking, "So, these trolls, it probably won't be that hard to get my jewels back. They're just little."

"Don't underestimate the trolls, they're not like dwarfs. If you ever call them that, they'll make you regret even thinking it." Calum scoffed, taking bigger steps because of the tall grass.

Before Michael could say anything, Calum stopped walking and his eyes guided to a stream. He looked at Michael with puppy eyes when saying, "I'm thirsty. May I get some water, Prince?"

The older boy rolled his eyes with a soft chuckle. He nodded his head and followed Calum to the stream. When they got to the water, Calum crouched down and put some water into his hand, drinking it.

Michael copied the other boy's actions, looking at the stream around him. It was truly a pretty blue, he noticed how the water was overlapping medium sized rocks. What he didn't notice was when Calum stood up.

Calum suddenly pushed the older boy into the stream. Michael screeched as the water carried him away from Calum. The tan boy takes the bag that Michael took off and gave the boy one last look before running away.

He ran as fast as he could into the woods. He didn't look back as he held on tightly to the bag he stole from Michael. But, he was then surrounded by Knights. He gasped slightly and tried to not show it.

"Grab him, the queen wants his heart," One of them ordered, taking a couple steps back. Before Calum could run away, two guards pushed him against a tree roughly and held onto his arm.

Calum struggled to get out of their grip but they were just too strong. He tried to not widen his eyes as the leader of the Knights held a knife to his throat. Calum took multiple deep breaths as he tried to removed his arms.

Right when he felt the knife trail down his chest, the leader fell to the ground. Calum noticed the other Knights were distracted by who ever had saved him. He quickly kicked one of their shins and butted their heads together.

The tan boy saw it was Michael who had saved him. He saw the older boy sword fight the other Knights. Calum quickly grabbed a rock and hit one of them in the heads with it.

When both Knights fell to the ground, Calum dropped the rock and took a deep breath as he watched Michael put away his sword. "You saved me, even after I pushed you into the stream and took your things."

"Of course I did," Michael replied, kicking one of the Knights in the head to make sure he was dead, "Even if you stole from me, twice, you were about to get killed. I couldn't live with myself if I let someone die if I could've done something about it."

Calum took off the bag that belonged to Michael and handed it back to the boy in front of him. He sighed as he patted the side of his thighs, "I'm sorry, thank you. Let's go find your jewels, yeah?"

"That was the plan." Michael chuckled. He put his bag around his body once again as he followed Calum away from where they were standing, "Why did those Knights try to kill you? I heard something about the queen."

The tan boy didn't look back as he replied, "I've done something to the queen years ago and now she wants revenge."

Michael decided to not ask anymore since it sounded like Calum didn't want to talk about it. He took big steps as he walked along the tall grass.

☹☹☹

I like this story a lot. I have pre-written over twenty chapters so yeah:)

TICK TOCK DEARY. TICK TOCK.

Let me know your thoughts:)

Please vote and comment