05

"Are we far enough from the bridge?" Michael whined, trying his hardest to not complain about he kept kicking rocks by accident and almost tripping over them.

Calum mentally rolled his eyes because that was the sixth time Michael has asked and it just sounded even more like a child. He nodded his head and stopped walking. "I think this is good."

"Thank you again for helping me get my jewels back." Michael said, taking a deep breath since he wasn't used to all this walking. "Is there anything I can do to repay you?"

The tan boy shook his head with a sigh. "I don't think that would be a good idea since I was the one who stole them in the first place. I technically caused all of that. But, I do have a question."

"Ask whatever you want." Michael replied. He scratched the back of his neck as he waited for the question. The older boy didn't know Calum that well but he did know that something could just happen and Calum could possibly run off with his things.

Calum looked at Michael's bag before looking back at him. "Why are the jewels so important? You're a Prince, I thought you would have a whole bunch."

"A ring my father gave me is in here. He wants me to propose and marry another Prince from another castle. So, I kind of needed it or he would probably kill me." Michael explained, taking out the pouch and pulling the ring out.

The tan boy nodded to let Michael know he understood. He mentally asked him if he could hold it. Michael nodded and handed it to Calum. Calum put it on his ring finger and held it up in front of himself so he could get a better look at it. "Not my type."

Michael chuckled when Calum handed it back to him with a weird look on his face. "Well, good thing you're not the one I'm marrying then, yeah?"

"I guess so." Calum laughed, fixing his gloves once more. They were really starting to annoy him but he had to have them so nothing poisonous he could possibly touch kill him.

The older boy stared at Calum for a couple is of seconds before reaching into his bag. He grabbed Calum's and put a little soft bag into his hand.

"What's this?" Calum asked, opening the little bag and seeing a couple gold coins inside of it. He gasped slightly when seeing there were a lot. "Wow, where did you get this? I know you didn't have it before since I took your bag at the stream."

"From the trolls. I snuck my hand into one of their pockets after you killed the first one and took it. I knew you would be able to get my jewels back so I wanted to give you them." Michael rambled, watching Calum as the tan boy played with the coins inside the bag.

Calum looked up at Michael and pulled him into a hug, wrapping his arms around the pale boy's neck. Michael hesitated before hugging back and breathing in Calum's scent. He smelt like wood and slight vanilla. "Thank you, Michael."

"I thought you would need them since you're on the run from the queen." Michael said shyly, letting Calum go and taking a couple of steps back so the boy had his space.

"That's really nice of you." Calum muttered, putting the small bag into his pocket of his coat. He looked around the woods and then back at Michael. "Well, I guess we should go our separate ways now."

Michael nodded in agreement. He sighed when seeing that he had grass stuck to his leg. Quickly, he wiped it off. "I need to propose to my, I guess, boyfriend."

"Good luck, Charming. See you soon." Calum chuckled, patting Michael's shoulder before walking away.

☹☹☹

I wrote this in twenty minutes because I have to go to the dentist once again. I really don't wanna go but my mom scared me by telling me what would happen if I didn't go, so yeah, I'm going while terrified.

I hope this isn't getting too boring for you guys because I kinda like it and yeah. Wish me luck at the dentist because I'm going to die.

Let me know your thoughts:)

Please vote and comment