04

"Is this where the trolls live?" Michael asked, holding on tightly to his sword. He swore under his breath as he almost tripped over a small rock.

Calum nodded, not looking back as they walked closer to a bridge. Before he could say anything, both boys heard giant footsteps coming their way. Calum grabbed onto his little jar of dust that was held by a soft necklace.

Michael's eyes widen when seeing the trolls. He didn't think that looked like that. They looked..green and ugly. He gripped his sword even tighter as he watched Calum walk towards them.

"Calum Hood, what are you doing here? You gave us what we wanted and we gave you something in return." The first troll said. His eyes squinted when seeing Michael standing behind him.

The tan boy took a deep breath, "About that, I need those jewels back. I'll give you back the money that I was given from you."

"Wait." The troll on the right growled, seeing a piece of paper hanging from Michael's bag. He snatched it before Michael could hide in deeper into his bag. When he unrolled it, he chuckled deeply and showed the other two trolls. "Looks like we have a criminal in our hands. Oh, there's also a very very nice reward if we turn him in to the queen."

Calum's eyes widen when all the trolls smirked at him. He took a couple steps back as they took steps closer to him. Without even realizing, he grabbed onto Michael's hand. "Just give me back the jewels."

When the leader of the trolls got closer, Calum kicked him in the leg. The other trolls then grabbed onto Michael so he wouldn't escape while the leader stood back up. Michael struggled against the trolls grip on his arms and they forced him on his knees.

The leader put both hands on Michael's head, getting ready to twist it completely. His sharp finger nails dug into his thin black hair. Calum opened the little jar of dust that hung around his neck as fast as he could and put some into his hand, throwing it at the troll which caused him to immediately fall to the ground and disappear.

Both trolls that were holding onto Michael growled. Michael took this opportunity to kick of of their legs while Calum threw more dust at them, trying to not throw it at Michael. The older boy took out his sword arm sliced the last alive troll's neck, killing him instantly.

Calum breathed out heavily, frowning when seeing his jar was now empty. He put the small lid back on just in case if he finds anymore in the future. Michael walks up to him. "What is that?"

"Evil fairy dust, it can kill any creature or human in a second. I was saving it for someone but I guess I'm not anymore." Calum replied, seeing Michael's pouch of jewels hanging from the troll's belt. He crouched down and took it, handing it to Michael.

"Oh, I'm sorry you had to use it for me. Thank you, though. That troll was going to literally rip my head off." Michael said with a chuckle, watching Calum throw his wanted poster into the river underneath them.

"We wouldn't want that now would we, Charming?" Calum said sarcastically, pulling up his gloves some more so they wouldn't slip off.

"Charming?" Michael asked. His eyebrow rose at the sudden name change but also smirked because Calum obviously thought that he was charming.

"Yeah. I was thinking, there are lots of princes. You're the only one I've meant who's called Charming instead of his own name. So, that's what I'm going to call you." Calum explained. "C'mon, we have to leave before more trolls come."

☹☹☹

What even is this.