Chapter 36

Jessie's POV

The next morning Dad drives us to the airport and we say goodbye to him and the boys. We get through airport security and I just follow what Dani and Lauren are doing since they're right in front of me. I grab some Starbucks for breakfast and then we sit at our gate waiting to board.

"Okay so who's going to sit with who?" Mom asks and we all start talking and arranging.

"I call sitting between Alex and Lisa!" Amy says and we all nod. Lauren and Dani claim the 2 seats to the left of the middle.

"Can I have a window seat?" I ask and Mom nods. "How about you and Christina sit to the right of Alex and then Kath and I can sit behind Laur and Dani," Mom responds and it's settled. We line up to board the plane and I follow some of my siblings onto it, finding our aisle number. I slide into my seat and secure my bag and then put my seatbelt on.

As the plane takes off I feel the rushing motion and I can't help but love it for some reason. Watching out the window, I see Los Angeles get smaller and smaller in the distance until all I can see are white puffy clouds.

An hour or so into the flight Christina puts down her book and says something to me so I take out my headphones.

"What?" I ask and she rolls her eyes at me for having to repeat herself.

"I asked how are things going?" she tells me. I hesitate a little wondering if she'd buy a lie. She notices I'm not talking and puts her hand on my arm.

"I'm doing okay," I sigh, "I am super excited for this trip but also super nervous. There's also been some old feelings that have resurfaced but I'm dealing with them." She listens to me and nods.

"I'm a bit nervous too to be honest," Christina agrees with me, "As for the old feelings do you want to talk about them?" I shake my head because they're not really that big of a deal and there's no need to have her thinking about me instead of the concert. Instead I ask her how her and Nick are doing and her face lights up.

"It's been really good between him and I recently. I'm finally happy again and I think he's going to come to one of our concerts to see me," she grins. I can't help but smile, her happiness is contagious.

"That's so great Chrissy," I tell her and squeeze her hand. We continue to talk about random things until the pilot's voice comes on and he tells us we'll be landing shortly. I quickly turn my body to look out the window and can begin to see land again instead of just white puffy clouds. I keep swallowing so that my ears don't pop as much.

The plane lands and we all pile out and meet up at the luggage carousel. We each grab ours and then rent 2 cars. We split up into groups, Christina, Lisa, Dani and I and then Mom, Kath, Amy, Alex and Lauren.

"I CALL SHOTGUN" I yell as I beat Lisa to the passenger side door. She gives me a playful glare and I stick my tongue out at her.

"Real mature children," Dani comments and I can't help but giggle as I plop into the front seat. Christina drives to the hotel while Dani uses her phone's GPS to figure out how to get there. As we meet up with the others, we check in and go up to the rooms. It ends up that Lauren and Christina, Lisa and I, Kath and Amy and Dani and Mom share beds. Alex being the only guy gets his own, he better be grateful for that.

The day passes by as we do touristy things and then before I know it, it's concert day. Walking into the venue I tell myself to take deep breaths. I've never been super comfortable being in the spotlight and now that's exactly what I'm doing.

We do soundcheck and I feel a little more confident, I got through both songs I'm singing without making mistakes.

"Guys meet and greet in 5 minutes!" Mom yells backstage and Lauren and I who were sitting on a couch, get up and go find the others.

"You ready?" Christina asks me and I slowly nod. The moment we walk out everyone screams and I feel a rush of... I don't know, excitement I guess. People come to me and seem to love me and it's a great feeling.

An hour and a half later I stand backstage waiting to be introduced. "We'd like you all to welcome our sister Jessie!" Christina says into her mic and I run out as fans scream. I pick up a microphone and take a deep breath. We perform live the cover we put up a week ago and the fans seem to love it. As soon as we're done I look at my sisters and they give me a nod.

"Hey guys! I know you don't know me super well and I wanted to tell you something. I came from a broken home. I lost my little sister and my parents didn't love me or treat me right. I hated myself more than anything else and I didn't think I was worth anything. Then the Cimorellis found me and showed me I was wrong. It doesn't matter who you are or what you've been through, you are worth so much and you're so valuable! I know that now and I hope you all realize that too. I love you guys!"

I then sing and harmonize with my sisters while singing You're Worth It and I can't quite explain how it feels to look out into the audience and see everyone actually feeling. I realize I have tears dripping down my cheek as well but for once, I don't mind. It's healthy to show emotion and it feels so good.

The show ends and my sisters head backstage and we go into a group hug.

"You did great out there Jess," Christina says and it's impossible to stop smiling. I feel so happy and so loved in this moment. At last, I think I have found myself.

_____________________________________
Hey everyone!

After a super long time between updates I have finally finished this chapter. I am also sad to announce that this is the final chapter of the book.

Thank you so much for reading and voting, it really means a lot to me. I love you guys!

Courtney