Chapter 18

Jessie's POV

I take my bag up to my room and see that Lisa is sitting on her bottom bunk doing her nails. Probably one of the best times to ask her what's wrong because she can't really go far.

"Lise?" I say and she looks up at me before scowling. I raise one eyebrow at her, "Alex was right, something is wrong."

"Could you please shut up," Lisa snaps and I instead sit down next to her.

"No I won't. What's going on?" I ask and put one hand on her shoulder. She slaps it away and I stare at her in shock.

"What the heck is wrong?" I ask and she looks down, concentrating on her nails. She's trying to avoid my question but we both know I'm not leaving until I get an answer. She continues working on her nails for over half an hour and I sit there in thought.

"DANG IT," she suddenly yells and I quickly look up. She's staring at one nail that's smudged and I watch as tears start to fall down her cheeks. She goes to wipe them then realizes she can't touch anything.

I wipe a few tears off her cheeks with my thumb and give her a small smile.

"I can't do anything right," Lisa mumbles and I hear it. I rub her back and shake my head.

"You know that's not true," I say.

"It is. I can't paint my nails right, I can't keep myself together, I can't do anything!!" Lisa rants with growing intensity.

"What's really bothering you Lisa?" I ask, knowing there's always something.

"How did you know something was wrong with Christina? You just knew it and drove all the way to Sacramento just to make sure she's okay. I'm such a bad sister, how did I not know?!" Lisa finally lets me in and I now understand.

"You are NOT a bad sister. You're an amazing, caring, loving sister. I don't know how I knew exactly. You've had it before with Amy, it just happens," I tell her and she nods. I can see she's a little more calm.

"So what did happen with Christina?" Lisa asks. I debate over whether to tell her or not, it's not really my place to say but Christina is planning on telling everyone so I guess it wouldn't be that bad.

"Don't tell anyone else because Christina is going to tell everyone later but Nick cheated on her," I whisper and Lisa's mouth drops wide open.

"I'm going to-" Lisa hisses before I cut her off.

"No you're not going to kill him nor are you going to talk to him. I got them to talk things out and I think they're going to try and repair things slowly. Don't mess up my good work," I say and Lisa stares at me until I ask her why.

"Christina is lucky to have you as her sister and best friend," she says and I smile.

"I'm the lucky one to have all of you," I state and smile wider. Lisa smiles back.

A few days pass and my punishment ended early. Christina persuaded Mom to go easy on me and once she knew why I went and how I helped, she did. I'm still glad I went after my older sister and I always will be.

"Does anyone want to go to the beach?" I hear Dani call out, breaking me from my thoughts.

"ME!" I hear Amy yell from her room. I jump down from my bunk and put my bathing suit on under my tank top and shorts.

"ME TOO!" I yell and grab my bag before meeting Amy and Dani downstairs.

"Anyone else coming?" I ask and Dani shakes her head.

"Fatty over there doesn't want to come with and the others are who knows where," she says, pointing to Lauren.

"You sure?" I ask and Lauren nods. Well okay then. Amy and I walk fast and suddenly Dani jumps onto my back.

"ONWARDS TRUSTY STEED" Dani yells and I almost fall backwards from laughing. Amy follows next to us as I walk with Dani on my back.

I make her get off once we reach the sand and look at Amy.

"Why did I agree to that?" I ask, rubbing my shoulders.

"How would I know?" Amy responds laughing. We tan for a while before going into the ocean. I realize this is the last day being a minor. Tomorrow I turn 18.