Chapter 16

Christina's POV

As I take a shower, I can't hold back my emotions and my tears mix with the water on my face. I can't tell which is which anymore and I don't really care.

I can't believe Nick would cheat on me. When he called yesterday I could hear in his voice that something was wrong. It was very very wrong.

When I drove down here to talk, he told me he kissed another girl and I watched him choke up and begin to cry. Part of me feels bad for him because I know he feels guilty but he should feel guilty! He CHEATED ON ME!!!

I also got another shock when Jessie showed up. I never thought she'd do this and she should know better than to do drive for hours by herself. It's almost guaranteed she's gonna be in trouble... yet she came anyways. I am grateful though, I didn't realize it until I opened the door but I need her right now.

I get dressed and do my hair but don't bother putting on makeup. I'd probably just cry it off anyways. I suddenly feel a surge of anger and as I'm walking out of the bathroom I run to the wall and punch it hard. I hear a gasp and Jessie runs over to me as I hold my hand.

Looking down at it, I realize my knuckles are bleeding but the pain of it doesn't register. Not yet at least. Jessie helps me to the bathroom and she cleans and bandages it without saying a word.

"You aren't going to say anything?" I ask, it is a little weird that she isn't.

"Nope, you have every right to be angry. If I were you, I probably would've torn down that wall so..." she laughs a little and shrugs and I smile. She hands me an advil and I take it but look at her as if to ask why.

"Soon that hand is gonna be painful as heck," she tells me and I know she's right. Taking a pain med was a good idea.

I grab my purse and follow Jessie outside. She climbs into the driver's seat of the car she took so I get in the passenger side. She drives to a nice breakfast restaurant not too far from the hotel.

"Chrissy you might hate me for this but I'm doing the right thing," she says as we walk into the restaurant. I'm confused and look at her with a weird expression. Walking up to the lady who takes you to your table, I furrow my eyebrows.

"Table for one please," Jessie says and the lady nods and we walk in. Jessie takes my arm and leads me to a different table and I can tell who it is from the back of his head.

"What the freakin heck are you doing?!" I hiss at Jessie. I'm so mad, how could she do this to me?

"You are going to sit down and talk to him civily. Listen to him and then he'll listen to you. I won't be far and if you need me just let me know," Jessie says and pushes me to the table. Nick stands up and looks nervously at me. I can tell he's sweating and his hand is trembling.

"Hi," he says and I say hi back. Jessie pushes me down to sit before going to her own table a few steps away. She can see us but can't hear us, at least she knows how to maintain privacy unlike any of my other sisters would.

Jessie's POV

I watch Christina and Nick talk while eating my waffle. So far things seem to be going alright, both of them have talked and neither has started to yell or scream. I take this as a good sign, maybe they can work things out.

Of course I'm furious with Nick and protective of Christina but they usually make each other so happy, I'd hate for them to break up. I know Nick made a mistake.

As I finish up my waffle with banana and whipped cream I go to the bathroom before coming back to see Christina now sitting at my table. I sit down and wait for her to tell me what happened.

"We're going to take a small break but I think we will be okay," she says and looks at me to see how I respond. I smile warmly and a small smile then forms on her face.

"I knew you two had to talk to work things out," I say and she nods appreciatively. I still have mixed emotions of course but I'll just monitor them. We leave the restaurant and I drive by a park.

"Can you stop here?" Christina asks and I find a parking lot and lock up the car. She runs through the park and I run behind her, wondering where she's going. We run through a few bushes when I see a cute little playground.

"This used to be our favorite place as kids," she says with a smile, remembering her childhood. I follow her up the ladder and look out from on top of the slide.

"It's so pretty," I admire the view. There's a lot of trees and I can see a lake not too far from here. It is definitely beautiful.

We stand there for a short while before I go and sit on the only swing and begin swinging. Christina comes over and sits on my lap and holds on tight.

"Oof," I complain, I'm not the strongest. She laughs and tries to help push along with me. Eventually we get it swinging until my legs get tired.

She gets off and I remember to tell her something.

"Oh by the way I talked to Mom earlier and she's furious with me and says she's going to call you later," I say and my older sister looks at me.

"You really shouldn't have come," she sighs, "But at the same time I couldn't be more grateful. I'll tell Mom what happened and hopefully she'll let you off easy."

"Thanks Chrissy. I'm still glad I came." We go back to the car and I sit there in thought for a few minutes.

Christina's voice breaks me out of my thoughts, "Can you believe you're going to be 18 next week?"

"Wait what?" I ask, I have completely forgotten about my birthday. I realize now that I'm almost an adult... frick that's terrifying.

"Sometimes it seems like you're way older than 18 Jess," Christina remarks and I smile. I've always been told I'm mature for my age and I don't mind that. It's useful sometimes.

Driving back to the hotel, I realize I haven't slept in over a day. I let out a long yawn and am met by concern on the face of my sister.

"You're going to sleep when we get back," she states and I don't bother arguing. The moment I get upstairs I take off my shoes and climb into the bed, not caring that I'm still in my regular clothes.

The next thing I hear is Christina pleading, "Please don't," to someone.