Chapter 21

Jessie's POV

All I think about as I'm falling asleep is Eric. All I dream about is Eric. I never thought I could fall for a guy, not this fast.

I wake up to see an unread text on my phone. It's from Eric. I let out a small squeal and get a "shhh!" from Dani in return. I guess it is a bit early.

E: Hey
J: Hey, how are you?

I go on twitter and talk to some fans while I wait for him to respond. They're super happy because I don't go on twitter as much as they wish I would. I see my notification go off and I'm filled with excitement.

E: I'm great now that I'm talking to you
J: Yay! Haha that's good
E: Yeah, want to go to a late dinner and movie around 9 tonight?
J: Definitely!
E: Text me your address and I'll pick you up

I text him my address and squeal again with excitement building. I also feel extremely nervous though.

"Shut up Jessie I'm trying to sleep," Dani mumbles.

"Sorry I'm just really excited!" I say a little loudly and end up getting a pillow thrown at me. I throw the pillow back at Dani and smile. Dani sits up, shakes her head at me with a smile on her face and grabs her phone.

I hear movement and see Lauren on the top bunk across from me rolling over and grabbing her phone as well. Probably gonna go on twitter or something. Lisa's still probably asleep.

"Shoot!" I half-yell. I realize I forgot to ask if I can go.

"What now?" Dani asks.

"Um nothing..." I say as I then remember I'm 18 and can in fact go without needing to ask. I'll ask Christina just to make sure but she can't really stop me anymore. Nor can Mom and Dad. Being eighteen definitely will have some perks.

I start to smell something really good and I jump off my bunk, letting my nose lead me to the kitchen. Katherine and Mom have waffles made. All the boys have already grabbed one and Amy and Lauren get one too. Just as Dani and Christina are getting theirs I tell them to wait. They look at me confused.

"Just watch, this tastes amazing," I say as I put nutella on the waffle and it melts. Then I slice and put two bananas on top with whipped cream.
"MY LIFE IS COMPLETE NOW," Dani yells in happiness. Christina is doing what I did so I assume she likes it too. If it has banana, she always does.

We all eat together... well except Lisa. I notice she still isn't down here. After I finish my waffle I make one with berries and whipped cream and take it up to my room. I place it on the night stand and then shake Lisa's shoulder.

"Leave me alone," she mumbles with her eyes closed.

"Wake up Lise, I have a waffle for you," I say and her eyes pop open. She looks at me and then at the food and grins. She starts eating it.

"Best way to wake up," she says in between mouthfuls.

"Yeah cause I'm an amazing sister," I say and pretend I'm the best person ever. She laughs and playfully shoves my shoulder.

I take a shower and get dressed. I don't yet bother with makeup because I'd rather have it be fresh later. I walk to the other girls' room and knock.

"Come in!" Kath says and I walk into the room. I notice she's the only one in here. She's writing something, probably a poem. I start to turn around to go find Christina but I hear Katherine's voice.

"Where are you going?" she asks and I look at her.

"I wanted to ask Christina something," I say and she nods but looks a little sad. Talking to my oldest sister can wait. I go over to Kath and sit down next to her. I realize just how little her and I talk anymore and I miss it.

"You're not wearing makeup," she observes with surprise in her voice. Unless I just woke up or am about to go to sleep, I always have makeup on. I just don't feel beautiful without it.

"Yeah. I'm gonna do it later," I say and turn away, feeling insecure because I know she's staring. She turns my face back so she can look in my eyes.

"You're so beautiful even without makeup Jessie," she says and I nod but I don't believe her. We sit there for awhile before I ask to read what she's writing. I notice that she hesitates before letting me.

I open the journal to the poem she was writing and slowly read it, absorbing the power and emotions that I feel from it. It's a sad poem, it talks about feeling lost and alone. I saw the sadness in Kath's eyes when I walked in. Is this how she feels?