Chapter 13

Jessie's POV

"Stop it," Lisa says breaking me out of my thoughts. I look at her as if to ask what she means.

"Dani will forgive you so stop worrying about it," she says and I stare at her.

"How did you-" I start to ask but she cuts me off.

"I know you Jessie. I can tell what's bothering you," Lisa informs me and I nod, still a little surprised. I get up and laugh a little at how messed up my hair is now. I must've had a rough nap. I realize just how hungry I am and drag Lisa downstairs with me.

I make a nutella sandwich because it doesn't require much effort and then sit down on the couch next to Lisa and Amy. Dani runs in and grabs half of my sandwich and bites into it.
"Hey no fair, that's mine," I whine and she takes one more bite before giving it back. I then realize that maybe this was her way of moving forward. She sticks out her tongue at me and I do the same back.

"Looks like we have two children here," Amy comments and Dani and I look at each other before starting to tickle Amy.

"Stop! Stop, please stop!" Amy pleads in between laughter. Finally we stop and high five each other. I know now that Dani and I are good. Lisa grins at me while laughing and I smile back. She knew it.

Katherine and Christina walk downstairs and we all decide to watch a movie. Lauren's out with a few friends so it's just the six of us until Alex joins us as well. We entertain ourselves with Pitch Perfect until it's over at 12:30 am.

Everyone heads to bed except Lisa and I. I'm not tired because of the huge nap I had earlier and Lisa never goes to bed early. We watch some random TV shows and I go on twitter. I haven't tweeted people in way too long so I guess now's a better time than none to say something.

JessieCimorelli: I am so sorry for not tweeting for a while but things have been crazy and difficult but I think things are gonna get better

My notifications begin pouring in and I tweet and DM a few fans but ignore the ones that ask what happened. Maybe I'll tell them one day, just not yet. I read one tweet that makes me smile.

DaniCim: I've forgotten how good nutella tastes...

JessieCimorelli: @DaniCim YOU OWE ME A FEW BITES OF MY NUTELLA SANDWICH I KNOW WHERE YOU LIVE

DaniCim: @ JessieCimorelli *snores*

I laugh out loud and show a curious Lisa why. She laughs too and the fans are enjoying it as well, I'm sure. I really value being close to the girls. They mean so much to me.

I run upstairs and take a picture of a now sleeping Dani and tweet it with the caption "Well I guess @DaniCim is asleep now" and know she's gonna kill me tomorrow. Lisa retweets it and we laugh together.

The next morning I'm woken up to cold water being squirted in my face. I see Lisa and Lauren watching from Dani's bed, amused while Dani uses a water gun and points it straight at my face. I open my mouth and point to it so she shoots water into it.

"What the heck?" I hear Amy say and see her and Kath at the door staring.

"I was thirsty," I say innocently and Lisa and Lauren crack up. We all end up on the floor of our room laughing our heads off.

We finally end up in the kitchen and eat breakfast as an entire family although I notice someone is missing.

"Where's Christina?" I ask in between mouthfuls. Everyone else looks confused except for Kath.

"She left a note saying she was going to visit friends in Sacramento for a few days," Katherine says and everyone else nods and continues eating. None of them seem bothered by it but I am. Why would she just up and leave? Why couldn't she wait until she told all of us where and why she was going?

The moment I'm done eating, I run upstairs and grab my phone. I want to call Christina. I dial her number but get her voicemail. Maybe she's still driving, I don't know how early she left. I'll text her instead then.

Jessie: Why did you leave without telling us?

I take a shower and get dressed when finally she texts back.

Christina: Sorry but I did leave a note

Jessie: I know but still. What's going on?

Christina: I'm an adult, I can do whatever the heck I want so just leave me alone

I sit down, rereading her words in shock. Christina has never talked to me like this before. Something is very wrong. I know her and I know she'l sometimes snap at people when she's upset.

Lauren walks into our room and I smile at her, pretending that all is good. She smiles back and looks at her phone for a few moments.

"Do you want to go shopping today?" she asks and I nod.

"Sure, does anyone else want to come?" I ask and she shakes her head.

"Lisa, Amy, Alex, and Dani are going to the beach and Kath is going out with friends," Lauren tells me. I wonder why she doesn't want to go to the beach and I ask her.

"I'm just not in the mood," she says and I drop the subject. Maybe that's why, maybe it isn't. But I'm already concerned enough about Christina.

I finish getting ready and grab my purse as I wait for Lauren to finish doing her makeup. She gets her purse and then we go downstairs.

"JESSIE AND I ARE GOING TO THE MALL," Lauren yells out to mom.

"Okay, be home before dinner," Mom says as she walks into the front room and smiles at us. I grab car keys and we walk to the car. Lauren goes to get in the passenger side but I toss the keys to her and she manages to catch them.

"You have your license so now I can be lazy," I grin and she laughs as she gets into the driver's seat. I watch to make sure she starts everything up correctly but I trust her and don't pay too much attention.

We talk a bit as she drives us to the mall but I don't say too much because I don't want to distract her. Once she parks she looks at me and I smile at my slightly younger sister.

"You're a good driver Laur," I tell her honestly which makes her smile. We walk into the mall and begin shopping but I just can't stop thinking about what I'm going to do tonight.