Chapter 15

(A.N. Just a note that what I say in this chapter is not reflective of my actual opinion. Nistina is and will always be my OTP)

Jessie's POV

"Chrissy what's going on?" I ask her and look straight into her eyes. She looks down and examines her hands.

"Nick..." she starts saying but chokes up and I hug her.

"What did he do Christina?" I ask her, kinda scared to know the answer.

"Hecheatedonme," she says in one big breath and starts to cry really hard again. I'm met with a lot of anger. How dare Nick cheat on Christina?!

"Shh everything will be okay. I'm here for you and I'm not going to leave," I reassure my oldest and closest sister and I feel her body grow heavy. I hold onto her shoulders and pull away from the hug. She cried herself to sleep once more and I lay her down on the bed and put a blanket over her.

I check my texts and Lisa responded to me.

Lisa: WHAT THE HECK?! I'M GOING TO KILL YOU, MOM AND DAD ARE GOING TO KILL YOU! DO YOU NOT REALIZE HOW UNSAFE THAT WAS?!

Oops... maybe I should've texted Katherine instead. Lisa is MAD.

Jessie: I'm sorry but I had to come and I'm glad I did. I'm with Christina now though so don't worry, I'm perfectly safe.

Lisa: I just told Mom and Dad where you are and they are probably madder than I am. Enjoy your day Jessie, the moment you come back you're in huge trouble.

Jessie: Why thank you Lisa. I honestly don't care what you think right now, I just know my thoughts. If you want me to text you periodically to ensure I'm safe, just ask but otherwise butt out of my life.

Lisa: Fine whatever. See you whenever you come home

I sigh and shake my head at my phone. I don't want to fight with Lisa, I really don't, but she makes things difficult sometimes. I can't be distracted by her though, I know what I need to do.

I grab Christina's phone and find Nick's address and write it down in my phone. I then write a note to Christina saying I went out for breakfast and that I'd be back soon.

I go to the car and slowly navigate Sacramento even though I've never been here before. I finally find his house and knock loudly on his door.

A very sleepy looking Nick finally answers and I push past him and walk into his house. I've never actually met him before so he's very confused.

"Sorry to be meeting under these circumstances but HOW THE HECK COULD YOU DO THAT?!" I yell at him. I see he registers who I am by how angry I am.

"Jessie..." he trails off and I can see the pain in his eyes but it still doesn't make me any less mad.

"YOU CHEATED ON HER. CHRISTINA IS THE BEST PERSON YOU COULD'VE EVER FOUND ON THIS EARTH AND YOU JUST WANTED TO LET HER GO?!" I scream at him and he looks down.

"I didn't realize what I was doing. I didn't remember Christina," he says and that was the worst choice of words he could have ever used.

I slap him across the face pretty hard without realizing it. His hand flies to his cheek and my mouth drops.

"Shit I'm so sorry Nick I didn't mean to slap you," I say in realization but I watch tears begin falling down his cheeks.

"I deserved it. I don't deserve Christina, I love her with all my heart but she deserves so much better than me," he tells me. Half of me knows that they're meant to be together, the other half is furious and agrees with Nick's words.

"You and Christina need to talk," I tell him and he nods.

"We tried to last night but we only kept yelling at each other and got nowhere," Nick says.

"Where's a good breakfast place?" I ask and he looks confused but gives me the name of one.

"Be there at 9. I'll bring Christina there at 9 and then you two can talk in a place you can't yell. I'll sit a few tables over just in case. Got it?" I ask and he agrees to my plan. I walk out of his house and drive back to the hotel.

I open the door with one of the room keys Christina had and I see she's still asleep. I smile at how peaceful she looks and go take a shower to allow her to sleep a little bit longer. Once I'm clean and dressed, I redo my makeup and fix my hair.

Walking out of the bathroom, I notice Christina is awake and on her phone. I sit down next to her and she looks at me.

"I can't believe you came here," Christina says.

"I knew something was wrong," I say and she looks down.

"Aren't you going to be in huge trouble?" she asks me.

"Um yeah... I texted Lisa when I got here and she's super mad at me. She also said she told Mom and Dad and that they're even more mad than she is. But you know what, that doesn't matter too much. What matters is that I knew you needed someone and I came," I tell her and she smiles a little.

"You're an amazing sister," Christina says, tears glistening in her eyes.

"So are you." We hug for a moment before I remember to tell her about breakfast.

"We're going to breakfast so be ready at 8:45," I mention and she goes to shower. It's 8 am so she has time. I sit on the bed on my phone and get a call. Oh crap, it's mom.

Jessie: Hello?
Mom: Jessie what Lisa told me better not be true
Jessie: Um what did she tell you?
Mom: That you drove to Sacramento by yourself in the middle of the night
Jessie: *whispers* I did
Mom: ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!
Jessie: No..
Mom: You're with Christina now right?
Jessie: Yeah I am, I'm safe, don't worry
Mom: I do worry Jessie and the moment you get home you're in huge trouble
Jessie: Okay... I'm sorry
Mom: It's too late for sorries. Tell Christina to call me later
Jessie: I will

She hangs up, quite furious with me and I feel bad. I really should've told someone before I went but it is too late now. I'll have to deal with the consequences, whatever they may be.